• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Partial Failed Tasks - Accept Error from API as Acceptable Result

refine

Hi,

I'm currently using Pabbly to automate certain workflows in Hubspot. I have found Pabblyto be awesome when it comes to what you call "Partial Failed" tasks compared with Zapier. I love the fact that the Workflow continues and doesn't halt as some API's may return an Error result AND it's an acceptable response I can use the Pabble Router to take different actions depending on the outcome.

However, at this time I get an Email Notification everytime a Partial Error occurs EVEN if it's an acceptable outcome. In the future, wouldn't it be an option to configure a Task to accept ERROR without generating a Notification?

--

I understand that I could have used an extra Task to check before trying a Task to avoid an Error, however I think this use-case with an acceptable Error/Continue vs Error/Halt is useful in many cases.

Neeraj

Administrator
Staff member
Hi,

I'm currently using Pabbly to automate certain workflows in Hubspot. I have found Pabblyto be awesome when it comes to what you call "Partial Failed" tasks compared with Zapier. I love the fact that the Workflow continues and doesn't halt as some API's may return an Error result AND it's an acceptable response I can use the Pabble Router to take different actions depending on the outcome.

However, at this time I get an Email Notification everytime a Partial Error occurs EVEN if it's an acceptable outcome. In the future, wouldn't it be an option to configure a Task to accept ERROR without generating a Notification?

--

I understand that I could have used an extra Task to check before trying a Task to avoid an Error, however I think this use-case with an acceptable Error/Continue vs Error/Halt is useful in many cases.

We do have received similar feedback from multiple users about notifications.

We do have plans to offer an email notification management panel where you can control which messages you want to receive. Although it will take us a few months for that feature to be picked up and developed.

As of now, you will have to create a filter in your mailbox that can automatically archive the messages even before they hit your Inbox.

See screenshot:

1635912524180.png

refine

Hi.

Thank you for replying.

In addition to a notification management panel, I suggest to add an option at Task level to Accept an ERROR from an API IF handled by the preceding task.

Another option would be similar to a Javascript try {} catch {} inside a workflow.

Thanks for listening...