• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Place text file with incoming information into specific folder in Google Drive along with images from form

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I have a form that people fill in their info and upload some images. The data from the form is sent to Pabbly connect.

In Pabbly connect I have a workflow that creates a folder in Google Drive (the folder name is the current date + First Name as captured from the form) and places the images that where uploaded into that Google Drive Folder. I give my clients access to this folder since they need access to the uploaded images.

I also want to place the rest of the information from the form into the same folder on Google Drive. This form information is the usual, name, contact info and a few more pieces of text information. My intention is that once I give access to my customers to Googel Drive folder, that they can see everything in one place, in one Google Drive folder that contains the images and the other text info from the form that corresponds to the form submission.

I am not interested to send the images to one place and the rest of the info to another place, I wish for all the form submission info and images to be in one place.

I mention Google Drive since I have Google Drive and it is an existing integration. It would also be an OK solution for me to gather the form info and images and send these as an email to my customer, so the form info would be text within the body of the email, and the images attachements in the email - this would also be an acceptable solution for me to get all the form data in one place and share it with my customer in an automated way without any manual input from me.

I would really appreciate it if someone can assist me to setup a workflow to achieve these business goals, as I currently have no idea how to go about setting this up. To clarify, I do know how to recieve the form data in Pabbly Connect and I know how to send uploaded images to Google Drive, but I do not know how to consolidate these two pieces of info into one place where I can share them with my customers, either in a cloud folder or an email.

I hope my epxlanation was clear, If you need any more information on this let me know, thanks.

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
You can use the Google Docs 'Create Document from Template' action event. In the New Document's Location field, make sure to map the Folder ID of the folder in which you are saving the images.

1688596307843.png

Alternatively, you can use the Gmail 'Send Email' action event to send emails that contain the data collected from Google Forms.

This all works amazingly, I am very happy with the results.
Thanks once again for your fast support Arshil, you really are a Pabbly Connect Master!

I have two follow up questions that have to do with formatting the data that ends up in the Google Document.
  • There are some URL's in the information that I am putting into the Google Document. How do I make it so that those are hyperlinked and not just regular text?

• I have a timestamp in my data that appears in the following format
    2023-07-05 23:45:24.501

How can I remove the last part :24.501 so that all that remains is 2023-07-05 23:45
    I know that there are text formating actions available, but cannot figure out how to set it up so that it removes only the part I want.

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
  • There are some URL's in the information that I am putting into the Google Document. How do I make it so that those are hyperlinked and not just regular text?
I'm afraid this is not possible. The Google Docs API does not have an option to insert a hyperlink. It will always be treated as text.

• I have a timestamp in my data that appears in the following format
    2023-07-05 23:45:24.501

How can I remove the last part :24.501 so that all that remains is 2023-07-05 23:45
    I know that there are text formating actions available, but cannot figure out how to set it up so that it removes only the part I want.
You can utilize Text Formatter: Split Text for this use case.
1688666154569.png

About the Google Docs hyperlink, I understand. Sometimes I wonder about Google, a company with all those resources, but there are pockets of severe mismanagement. This is the Internet, they live and die with search ads that are essentially hyperlinks. But you cannot send a hyperlink to their documents via API. They are resting on their laurels.

About the text formatter, thank you for your creative solution, I thought I would have to use some fancy complicated RegEx.

No further questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.