• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

RATE_LIMIT_EXCEEDED

Paul Hudson

Hi,
A month before i have created a workflow which capture data from my cms and send that data to google sheet (Add new row) using "iterator by pabbly",
in that workflow cms send alomost 223 records which is still successfuly posting to google sheet, i have created another same workflow for other data in which cms send 242 records but this workflow not posting all 242 records to google sheet and getting task status "Partial Failed" error code 429.

1677069799528.png

1677069930625.png

Attachments

• 1677069937939.png
    1677069937939.png
    13.3 KB · Views: 37

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @Paul Hudson

As we can see from your shown error, you have exhausted your rate limit to pass the request to write data per minute by "Google Sheets".

Google API documentation for the error which you have got.

1677127812986.png

Moreover, you are also running the tasks in bulk and because of that, the error has occurred by the Google API. So, we should suggest to us a delay action step to delay the task to run after 1 min after every update of value, in that way you wouldn't be exhausting your rate limit.

1677127862356.png

Paul Hudson

Hey @Paul Hudson

As we can see from your shown error, you have exhausted your rate limit to pass the request to write data per minute by "Google Sheets".

Google API documentation for the error which you have got.

View attachment 22184

Moreover, you are also running the tasks in bulk and because of that, the error has occurred by the Google API. So, we should suggest to us a delay action step to delay the task to run after 1 min after every update of value, in that way you wouldn't be exhausting your rate limit.

View attachment 22185
thanks for the reply, yes i was thinking to use delay but the problem is will take more than 3 hours to complete which is not acceptable.
as i mentioned my post that i have another same workflow where am not using any delay tool why it's working without any issue? am sure the file would have same quota.

Paul Hudson

ok so the solution i have found is to gave some additional work to google sheet to process, for example i have added 12 new columns and added formulas which causing a delay to write data in google sheet, now i have all the data in google sheet posted from my cms, 12 columns are not needed so i hide that.

Supreme

Staff member
Perhaps you might send the data from your triggering application very extensively and because of that, your Google Sheets action step might end up exhausting the rate limit of Google Sheets.