• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Read a spreadsheet & Create a design & Post to Pinterest

Hello, I would like to ask a question...

Create automation to:

Read a spreadsheet & Create a design & Post to Pinterest

every day at 6am

Since on the first day

She posted EVERYTHING I had on the spreadsheet.

And it was doubled because I have 60 lines and she posted 120 pins

And it still consumed a large part of my tasks this month.

What's wrong?

Follow the link and print

Attachments

• automacao.png
    automacao.png
    249.4 KB · Views: 12
Analyzing one of the histories, look what I noticed...

It loops the automation, although I didn't program it!

The automation should stop at Update Row.

But she continued in an eternal loop

Until all spreadsheet rows are posted

1725704127781.png

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
Hi @Marcos Assis,

The way your workflow is currently set up, every day at 6 AM, it will look up the word 'Não' in your spreadsheet, fetch all the rows that have the word 'Não', iterate through each such row, and map it to the next steps. The steps after the Iterator will execute repeatedly until all the rows that contain the word 'Não' have been processed. So, it’s not looping, but rather iterating through all the rows that contain the word 'Não' each day at 6 AM.

Perfect, so I understand where I went wrong...

How do I make this automation work every day at 6 AM and perform only one action per day?

I want it to read the first line with the word "no," take the actions, and then only run again the next day at 6 AM.

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
So, you want it to fetch only the topmost row with the word 'No' every day at 6 AM and execute the rest of the steps based on the data in that row?

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
Here are all the possible use cases:
  1. You can post the topmost row containing 'No' every day at 6 AM. This means that even if the content in the topmost row with 'No' remains the same, the same row will be executed every day.
  2. You can post the bottom-most row containing 'No' every day at 6 AM. This means that even if the content in the bottom-most row with 'No' remains the same, the same row will be executed every day.
  3. You can fetch one row at a time from your spreadsheet (not just the row containing 'No', but any row from top to bottom) and execute it every day at 6 AM.
Use case that is not possible:

You cannot fetch only rows containing 'No' one at a time each day. That is, you cannot fetch the first row containing 'No' one day, then the next row containing 'No' the following day, and so on. This use case is not possible.

Hello, Pable team!

Thank you for the automation options you provided. I'd like to focus specifically on the first option.

I have a spreadsheet with multiple rows and a column called "Posted," where the values can be "yes" or "no." What I need is for the automation to read, every day at 6 AM, the first row where it says "no" in the "Posted" column, make the corresponding post, and then update that same row to "yes." The next day, when the automation runs again, it should skip that row (since it has already been posted) and move to the next row marked as "no."

I would like to confirm if your tool can handle this workflow automatically.

Looking forward to your response. Thank you!

---

Isso resolve o que você precisa?

Hi Marcos,
Your and my requiremnts have some simlarities , but I guess you can solve your reuirement by adding delay feature
as you want to post , 1 post every day at 6:00AM, where you can mention date /time in one column for next week or month

I hope it will work for you :)

but my need is bit different, becoz I dont know when I want to post, my one script fills google sheet anytime (one row or multiple at a time), but I dont want to post all data in one shot and dont know time,
so I want my each row post in the interval of 10 min (sales post of product ;))

Hi Marcos,
Your and my requiremnts have some simlarities , but I guess you can solve your reuirement by adding delay feature
as you want to post , 1 post every day at 6:00AM, where you can mention date /time in one column for next week or month

I hope it will work for you :)

but my need is bit different, becoz I dont know when I want to post, my one script fills google sheet anytime (one row or multiple at a time), but I dont want to post all data in one shot and dont know time,
so I want my each row post in the interval of 10 min (sales post of product ;))
Excellent, I'm going to add a 24-hour delay at the end of the automation, I believe this will work.

The first solution is to add a 24-hour delay at the end of the automation. This way, the automation will run, wait 24 hours at the end, and then run again. The second solution I thought of, and this is where I have a question, is if there is a way to add an action at the end of the automation to stop it. This way, the automation would stop at the end and restart the next day at 6am, repeating this cycle. I await your response. Thanks!

P

Pabblymember11

The first solution is to add a 24-hour delay at the end of the automation. This way, the automation will run, wait 24 hours at the end, and then run again. The second solution I thought of, and this is where I have a question, is if there is a way to add an action at the end of the automation to stop it. This way, the automation would stop at the end and restart the next day at 6am, repeating this cycle. I await your response. Thanks!

I'm sorry, but it's not possible to stop the automation in the way you're describing, where it stops at the end and then restarts the next day at 6 am.
However, you could use a delay or schedule a new trigger at 6am to achieve a similar result.

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
Hello, Pable team!

Thank you for the automation options you provided. I'd like to focus specifically on the first option.

I have a spreadsheet with multiple rows and a column called "Posted," where the values can be "yes" or "no." What I need is for the automation to read, every day at 6 AM, the first row where it says "no" in the "Posted" column, make the corresponding post, and then update that same row to "yes." The next day, when the automation runs again, it should skip that row (since it has already been posted) and move to the next row marked as "no."

I would like to confirm if your tool can handle this workflow automatically.

Looking forward to your response. Thank you!

---

Isso resolve o que você precisa?
You need to set up your workflow in this manner to achieve your use case. This workflow is just for reference; you need to make changes to your original workflow.

1725986712386.png

1725986877369.png

This workflow will trigger every day at 6 AM, search for the topmost row containing the word 'Não', make a post using the data captured from that row, and update 'Não' to 'Sim'. The next day, it will trigger again at 6 AM, search for the next row containing the word 'Não', and so on.

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
It doesn't look like you have made any changes to this workflow.

Kindly setup the original workflow in this manner.

Another question...

If I want this same automation to run every 4 hours from 6 am

And don't ride in the early hours of the morning from 00:00 to 5:59

How do I do it?

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
Perfeito @ArshilAhmad
Got it, now I actually did what was recommended.

Here is the link to the updated automation:

Could you just take a look and tell me if it's ok?
Your workflow is correctly setup to execute everyday at 6 AM.