• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Reorder Action Steps in a Workflow - When will this be possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jord8on

It looks like this is a common question and request:

(1) How to move (or reorder) a task in a Workflow | Pabbly Support

(1) Rearrange Steps | Pabbly Support

(1) Move part of workflow and / or reorder elements | Pabbly Support

(1) How to move (or reorder) a task in a Workflow | Pabbly Support

Also note a couple existing feature requests:

These previous queries do not consider the other users who have probably had the same question and ultimately read one of these threads and found out that Pabbly Connect does not allow us to reorder or rearrange steps... so they just moved on. 😞

I'm guessing this is a heavy lift, to add a feature like this?

Any chance it's on the radar or roadmap?

I think the best case for this is what @Vijesh noted, here:
"...is it possible to just move the task nodes between steps? The reason I ask is that one goes through creating the complete flow and then finds out that one of the tasks is in the wrong order and it means deleting and recreating the flow again..."

I've had to do this... and in a complex workflow, this is VERY VERY time consuming... vs. the alternative, which is what everyone is requesting... to give us some drag handles or something, and allow us to simply move an action step from one part of the workflow to another.

I'd love to have some additional input from the Pabbly team to see if this is something we can hope to see in the future.

Last edited:
P

PabblyMember4

Hey @jord8on

Thanks for putting all the threads for this question. Currently, we don't have any plans to introduce any feature to reorder the action steps within the workflow. However, we will keep you updated if our technical team finds any solution and introduce this feature in the future.

jord8on

Hey @jord8on

Thanks for putting all the threads for this question. Currently, we don't have any plans to introduce any feature to reorder the action steps within the workflow. However, we will keep you updated if our technical team finds any solution and introduce this feature in the future.

Thank you for the quick follow-up, and transparency. While I'm sad this isn't a priority, I'm sure you have bigger fish to fry. I guess we'll just have to be more deliberate and "get it right the first time" 😛

Status
Not open for further replies.