• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Replace line breaks in Google Sheet with <br>

Lars

I'm creating a workflow that retrieves content from a Google Sheet and posts it on FB pages + on Instagram. FB works fine, but the Instagram module in Connect doesn't handle line breaks correctly, instead publishing them as \n on Instagram. So I need to find a way to replace line breaks from the source to <br> for the Instagram post. Text Formatter is the module to use, I expect, and I don't quite know how to set it up - specifically, what to search for that can be replaced with <br>.

Grateful for assistance :)

Preeti Paryani

Staff member
Hello @Lars

You can use the "Replace Text" action event of Text Formatter and can map the fields as shown in the image attached.

image (6).png

To learn how to use Replace text action event in Text formatter please refer to this to tutorial -

Please let us know if it works for you.

Himesh

Hello @Lars ,
Please refer below screenshot.

1725452369677.png
If you are still not able to solve this on your own feel free to DM me and we can do a free zoom call. FYI I'm not from Pabbly Connect team, just a freelancer who helps other Pabbly users.

Lars

Thanks for helping out with this. And I do understand how to replace strings with other strings, but how do I replace line breaks that aren't visible characters? Here's the content of a cell in Google Sheets. The line breaks aren't displayed as visible characters, but the Instagram component replaces them with \n.

"Kanske har du kämpat för att rycka upp dig, ta dig själv i kragen, förändra dina tankar, trycka undan de jobbiga tankarna och känslorna? Jag gissar att det inte hjälpte eftersom du läser detta? Du är långt ifrån ensam - sådant hjälper nämligen i bästa fall bara för stunden, men det löser inte grundorsakerna till att du mår dåligt.

Jag har lång erfarenhet av att arbeta med psykisk/emotionell ohälsa. Jag arbetar med både individer och grupper, enskilt och i organisationer, för att hitta vägen ur låsningar, mörker, ångest och annan ohälsa. På senare år har arbetet allt oftare handlat om rädsla - vad det är, vad som är verkligt, hur det går att frigöra sig från rädsla som ett hinder i livet."

Himesh

In text formatter try with replace text event and in find field put \n and in replace field put <br>. For reference use above image.