• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Router problem with new contact check if exists or not exists

Hallo I am getting new contacts to fire into my Salesforce and when a form is sent I need to verify if it is a new contact or not cheching if email address already exists in my db or not.

It should be a normal and easy condition but it looks impossibile to solve.

I repeat her all steps I did in workflow developing:

1. Contact chek in Salesforce does not find email:

Salesforce no response.png

2. Router configuration

Router label.png

3. Contact Exist rule:

router false.png

NOW let's see if it works with existing contact, I put an existing email:

Salesforce response.png

GREAT CONTACT EXIST, now let's try condition:

should be true.png

Router does not find "RESPONSE" Field and put first field of workflow in condition...

Let's change logic and let's start from an existing record.
I modified router true rule with record found in Salesforce:

exist.png

If response exists condition is true.

Let's try again with a non existing record to see if it works:

Salesforce no response.png

Again with non existing record and let's see router behavior:

final.png

OPSSS again salesforce record does not exist and router put in another field that exist and condition is true while it should be false....

PLEASE help me to understand how to setup this rule.

Thank you

Andrea

Attachments

• exist.png
    exist.png
    149 KB · Views: 42
  • exist.png
    exist.png
    149 KB · Views: 47

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @Andrea Roma

We have checked the action event in your workflow with the different email addresses from the existing one and it is working fine.

So, it seems like the person's email address that you are trying to find doesn't exist in your respective Salesforce account.

1662189454614.png

We have 2 possibilities and it it the reason to use router step:

1. Contact already exists in Salesforce and Router will route to UPDATE Salsforce record.
2. Contact DOES NOT EXIST in Salsesforce and Router will route to CREATE new Salesforce record

SO it is perfectly NORMAL the ANSWER from Salesforce could be that record does not exist.

How can I manage these 2 possibilities?

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @Andrea Roma

You can use the following router action step in your workflow and set the condition accordingly.

2022-09-05_11h11_11.png

The label should be mapped from the Search Contact's response.

1. Inside first route -

2022-09-05_11h11_17.png

2. Inside second route -

1662356585657.png