• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Send Message and Error(#131030) Recipient phone number not in allowed list

Ken

q1.PNG

I am using the WhatsApp Cloud API: Send Text Message function to send messages to customers.
However, I encountered an error (#131030) which states "Recipient phone number not in allowed list."
My WhatsApp Cloud API is already set up and online, but I'm still encountering this error.

I prefer not to use template messages. Could you please provide guidance on how to resolve this issue?

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @Ken

If the conversation wasn't initiated by the end-user on WhatsApp, the current action step won't function for that recipient's phone number. In such cases, it's recommended to employ a 'Send Template Message' action instead. This action step can be utilized once the user has initiated a conversation with your WhatsApp.

Ken

Thank you for your response.
However, as shown in my workflow, my process involves responding with messages to customers based on the content of the WhatsApp messages they send.
Doesn't this meet the requirement of "initiated by the end-user on WhatsApp"?

BTW, I try to use 'Send Template Message' also show the same issue (#131030)

Last edited:

Supreme

Staff member
Doesn't this meet the requirement of "initiated by the end-user on WhatsApp"?
If the recipient's phone number isn't in the allowed list and the conversation wasn't initiated by the end-user on WhatsApp, certain actions might encounter errors, as you've observed.

To ensure compatibility and successful execution of actions, it's recommended to have the conversation initiated by the user on WhatsApp before employing the action steps. This way, the requirements are met, and actions can be carried out without issues.

Further, we recommend you contact the WhatsApp Cloud API support team for more information.

Ken

Thank you for your response.

In fact, I did initiate the conversation from the customer's end, but the same error still appears.
(Furthermore, even when I switched to using template messages, the error remains the same, which seems illogical.)

Is there any specific configuration required on the WhatsApp Cloud API side to address this issue?

Supreme

Staff member
It appears you might not have configured your Phone number with your WhatsApp Cloud API incorrectly or might have done some changes to your WhatsApp Cloud API account and because of that, it might not be sending messages.

So, please reconfigure your WhatsApp Cloud API with your main phone number and avoid using the test phone number.