• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Sending a file via WhatsApp contained in a folder on the drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

minogig

good morning. I need to send a PDF file on WhatsApp via the cloud API. the file is contained in a folder on the drive. I take the path from a google sheet that contains name, cell phone, and path to the pdf file. But I'm getting an error due to an invalid url. How can I solve it?

Attachments

• Send-whatsapp-Message-by-condition-Pabbly-Connect.png
    Send-whatsapp-Message-by-condition-Pabbly-Connect.png
    155.7 KB · Views: 14

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @minogig

Regarding your concern, you need to pass the publicly accessible PDF file URL which can be sent through the WhatsApp Cloud API action step.

Please refer to the following video lesson once on how you can send the direct URL of Google Drive.

minogig

Thanks for your reply, but perhaps I didn't explain myself well.
I don't have to send a whatsapp when a file is uploaded. the file is already in a folder on drive.
I have to read a Google Sheet located on the drive which contains a line with the customer name, mobile number and the path to the folder where this file resides.
I have to make sure that the file is attached to the WhatsApp message that the customer receives.
I would like to point out that the folder containing the file is located two levels above the Google Sheet

Attachments

• google_sheet_row.png
    google_sheet_row.png
    124.8 KB · Views: 21
  • Send-whatsapp-Message-by-condition-Pabbly-Connect.png
    Send-whatsapp-Message-by-condition-Pabbly-Connect.png
    237.9 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

Supreme

Staff member
Kindly pass the downloadable link of Google Drive in the Imgur action step which will convert the file to an accessible file which you can pass further in the action step.

1710238917286.png

minogig

Maybe I can't explain myself well. The pdf file is contained in a folder, which is on drive. Using the path contained in the url_file field of the Google Sheet, I have to attach this file in a WhatsApp message. Is it possible to do this?

Supreme

Staff member
The pdf file is contained in a folder, which is on drive. Using the path contained in the url_file field of the Google Sheet, I have to attach this file in a WhatsApp message.

If you are trying to pass the PDF file URL then you need to change the field type in the PDF whereas you have selected png and jpg.

1710244201297.png

Further, please share the workflow URL once and allow us permission to make the changes with the action step.

minogig

This is the correct WhatsApp message template. sorry, I made a mistake before

Attachments

• Send-whatsapp-Message.png
    Send-whatsapp-Message.png
    263.4 KB · Views: 7
Status
Not open for further replies.