• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Sheets to Google Calendar: edit OR add an event

Status
Not open for further replies.

jarnow

Hi, I'm trying to achieve the following:
  • Sheets with event details which is updated by my team
  • Events tend to be added to sheets with some information missing
  • Missing information is added when it is available
  • Sometimes event timings are changed
  • I need a seamless workflow to add and edit events on Google Calendar
Currently I have a working automation to add events from Sheets. However when any detail of an event is edited in Sheets, a duplicate event is added to Google Calendar.

What kind of automation config I need for Pabbly to:
  • Check whether the event is already added
  • If not: add new event
  • If yes: edit the original event

Thanks in advance!

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @jarnow

In your case, you should use the router action step and can create 2 routes, one to create a new event and the second one to update the existing events.

Though we have configured the router condition in your workflow, kindly review that up and try at your end.

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @jarnow

You can refer to the following video tutorial on how you can use the router action step.

Further, kindly give it a try and then let us know if you get stuck at any step.

jarnow

Okay, now I was able to figure out how to manage this except for updates.

The events in GCal get updated only if I select "send all data" in sheets' Pabbly options. I've tried "send on event" and the scheduling option without success.

How can I make sheets to send a row to Pabbly when one or more cells are updated?

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @jarnow

In your workflow, you should use the "Search Event" action step instead of "Get All" event action event with will always provide you the event even when the event is not available.

jarnow

The updates do work, but only if I either select 'send all data' or 'send custom data' in the Pabbly Connector in Sheets.
If I change for example the event name cell in my Sheet, nothing gets sent to Pabbly (checked from History).

Last edited:

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @jarnow

While setting up the Google Sheets, if you are getting the data from the Google Application or you are feeding the data manually then you can only use "Send On Event" and if the data is coming from a third party application then you might need to select "Auto Send On Schedule" and "Send on Schedule" which will take exactly 1 hr to forward it.

Also, check whether the data was getting filled till your triggering column or not?

jarnow

Ok, now I understood. No matter which edits you make on Sheets, you always have to edit the triggering column as well to send the data to Pabbly. Now it seems to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.