• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Skip a Missing Field

I have an automation that is Triggered when an Order is Fulfilled in Shopify. One step is to grab the Gateway Name (example: ["visa","bogus"]). However there are 2 problems with this field.

1) It presents data with quotes in it, which confuses Pabbly. To fix this, I'm using a text formatter to replace the quotes with {{blank}}. That gives me: [visa,bogus]. Is there a way to format this a bit more so it would say the following? visa, bogus

2) This field only exists when the Order is paid. Since we have some free products, the Gateway does not appear and I end up with an error on the text formatter step: "Warning text has invalid data". I can get past this by marking the step "ignore error". This is working OK so far, but I end up with Partial Errors in my History, which makes it hard to know if there are other problems. Is there another way to deal with fields that sometimes disappear? I'd like to skip that step only if the field is empty. Maybe I could put the field in there and a skip? Example: Payment_Gateway_Names: nodata{{skip}}

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
Hi @iRestAdmin,

1) It presents data with quotes in it, which confuses Pabbly. To fix this, I'm using a text formatter to replace the quotes with {{blank}}. That gives me: [visa,bogus]. Is there a way to format this a bit more so it would say the following? visa, bogus
You can use a 'Text Parser' to format your text further and remove the square brackets.
1697227557974.png

2) This field only exists when the Order is paid. Since we have some free products, the Gateway does not appear and I end up with an error on the text formatter step: "Warning text has invalid data". I can get past this by marking the step "ignore error". This is working OK so far, but I end up with Partial Errors in my History, which makes it hard to know if there are other problems. Is there another way to deal with fields that sometimes disappear? I'd like to skip that step only if the field is empty. Maybe I could put the field in there and a skip? Example: Payment_Gateway_Names: nodata{{skip}}
This is a much more complicated problem and would require you to set up your workflow almost from scratch.

The only solution is to add a router to your workflow with two routes immediately after the trigger step. Route 1 will have filter conditions for when the Payment Gateway is present in your trigger response, while Route 2 will have filter conditions for when there is no Payment Gateway in the trigger response. All the steps in your workflow will be added to both routes except the Text Formatter step (the one causing partial errors), which will only be added to Route 1.

Filter Condition Route 1
1697228393746.png

Filter Condition Route 2
1697228485991.png

Thanks, ArshilAhmad. Those are great tips! I updated the workflow today and it looks good. I'll have to watch and see if it works as expected.