• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Slack - Create Channel

I am getting the message "invalid name specials" when trying to create a Slack Channel.
The channel should be named according to the client's company name that is collected in a prior step.

I have tried the text formatter to make it all lower case and remove white space (both independently and together); though neither works.

Screenshot 2024-04-01 114703.png

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @LarryHickman

In the "Slack: Create Channel" action step you need to pass the channel name which only contains lowercase letters, numbers, hyphens, and underscores in place of space, and must be 80 characters or fewer.

Whereas previously you were passing uppercase letters as well. We have made such changes in your workflow which can change the letters to lowercase and then pass the name accordingly.

Kindly try this at your end and let us know if that works for you.

1712046023441.png

How would I reformat the text to use hyphens instead of spaces?
The data is coming from our CRM which the spaces are allowed and is normal way of formatting how this text string is gathered.

As a note, as stated above, I have used the lowercase text formatting option and I still received the same error message.

Fagun Shah

How would I reformat the text to use hyphens instead of spaces?
The data is coming from our CRM which the spaces are allowed and is normal way of formatting how this text string is gathered.

As a note, as stated above, I have used the lowercase text formatting option and I still received the same error message.
Use Text Formatter - Replace Text action to replace spaces with - in the text.