• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Stripe: Charge a Card Integration

Hi, I'm trying to charge a card using Stripe with Charge a Card action event. What to add at Source location? I'm not able to find a card id in stripe. I tired adding payment method id but that gives me error. Please help me in this regard.

1689761093772.png

Supreme

Staff member
Kindly check for the source Id as mentioned in the following screenshot. Also can you please check with form Stripe team that how you can get the Source Id?

1689834012711.png

scaleowl

Hi @bilalkamboh and @Supreme - I have looked at the API reference document provided and couldn't figure it out. Were you able to figure out?

What do we put in the 'Source" field and where do we find it?

Please let me know.

scaleowl

Thanks @Supreme. This is definitely something we need to know from the Pabbly team as you are the ones who set this up. I wouldn't even know what to ask the stripe support "what should I put in the Pabbly source field?". Their response will be to go back to Pabbly team and ask them.

Before I entered this conversation I did speak with Stripe support to determine where I can find the ID of a card as this is the instruction in Pabbly:

"A payment source to be charged. This can be the ID of a card (i.e., credit or debit card), a bank account, a source, a token, or a connected account. For certain sources—namely, cards, bank accounts, and attached sources—you must also pass the ID of the associated customer."

They provided me with the ID of the card and the task still failed in Pabbly.

Are you able to escalate this and get a response on how to configure this, please?

Thank you.

Subin

Staff member
Hey @scaleowl !

We have escalated your requirement to the tech team.

Please allow us some time to check the possibilities of your request.

We'll get back to you with an update soon.

Your kind patience will be highly appreciated.

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @scaleowl

We've reviewed the feasible choices for including the source when generating a charge to a card. Kindly consult the provided screenshot and proceed accordingly.

asdfimage (1).png

Supreme

Staff member
You can also use the "List Cards or Bank Accounts Soruces" action step from where you can get the card Id.

1692174133619.png

scaleowl

@Supreme This is great, thank you.

I will be billing existing customers so the second example is what I need, but I don't see the "List Cards or Bank Accounts Sources" action. Can you please provide me access to that?

Thank you.

scaleowl

@Supreme Thanks but it's still not working as the id is not pulling for the newer customers. Please see screen shot below.

I get the same "Response Received" whether I keep the "object" as none, card or bank account.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-08-17 080721.png
    Screenshot 2023-08-17 080721.png
    47.2 KB · Views: 57

Supreme

Staff member
Please allow us some time, we are currently looking into it. Also can you please tell us whether that customer is associated with any payment or not?

Supreme

Staff member
We've reviewed the feasible choices for including the source when generating a charge to a card. Kindly consult the provided screenshot and proceed accordingly.

asdfimage (1).png
Meanwhile, our team is looking into it, can you please tell us if you have tried the previously given workaround for the same?

scaleowl

Thanks @Supreme.

This doesn't work for me as I am trying to bill an existing customer, so there is no creation of anything to generate the "tok_" or the "card_".

I do think I figured it out though. It is working when I use the "Create a PaymentIntent" action using the "pm_" string as the Payment Method it bills the account.

Would you mind testing on your end to confirm?

Thank you

1692364297302.png