• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Task ERROR still allowing Connect Workflow to continue with remaining tasks.

NickJSI

Your Task History ID
IjU3NmMwNTZjMDYzMDA0Mzc1MjY5NTUzNDUxMzU1MTY3NTQzMCI_3D_pc
I have a task that is an API GET request to see if there are a certain number of files attributed to a user.
If that GET request's response is "status: Error", Pabbly Connect flags it as unsuccessful, but allows it to continue with the rest of the tasks, instead of going through the auto-re-execution flow.

The task is NOT set to ignore.

If the task receives a response "status: Error", it needs to fail and auto-reexcute according to the workflow.

Why does it not do this?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-17 at 7.01.42 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-17 at 7.01.42 AM.png
    214.2 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot 2024-04-17 at 7.07.37 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-17 at 7.07.37 AM.png
    134.4 KB · Views: 11

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
Hi @NickJSI,

Based on your Task History, I can see that your workflow has yet to be executed in its entirety. The auto-re-execution of failed steps occurs when the entire workflow is executed. Since you have added a Delay to your workflow, the failed steps will be re-executed once the whole workflow is completed.

NickJSI

Hi @NickJSI,

Based on your Task History, I can see that your workflow has yet to be executed in its entirety. The auto-re-execution of failed steps occurs when the entire workflow is executed. Since you have added a Delay to your workflow, the failed steps will be re-executed once the whole workflow is completed.
Thank you, that makes sense.

What I'm more concerned with is that the task failed, but the tasks after it were then executed. Why is that happening?

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
Only the steps that are dependent on the failed step will not get executed. All the other steps that are not dependent on the failed step will get executed.

NickJSI

on re-execution, do all the successfully completed tasks (before and after the failed task, unrelated to the failed task) get submitted again or only the failed/skipped ones?

Is there anyway to only auto-re-execute a failed task similar to the auto-reexecute settings?

I have a few ways to get around this. The documentation is a bit confusing, but I think I understand.

Last edited:

Supreme

Staff member
on re-execution, do all the successfully completed tasks (before and after the failed task, unrelated to the failed task) get submitted again or only the failed/skipped ones?
If your intention was to exclusively execute the failed task, you should have chosen the "Failed & Skipped Steps" option. Since you opted to run the entire workflow, the message was resent from the beginning.

For more details on using Auto- Re-execution option, please refer to the following thread.