• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Task not running automatically

markmotts

First time using Pabbly (I was a Zapier user previously) so this might be my error...

My first Task is set up and live but is not running automatically, I have to push the data through each time to each of the steps.

The history is showing the last time it ran was 5 days ago.

Please advise. Thanks.

2023-03-24_13-25-23.jpg

markmotts

You mean this?
Screen Shot 2023-03-24 at 14.03.08.png

That is what I have to do each time to pull the data in from the webhook before doing this:
Screen Shot 2023-03-24 at 14.04.13.png

for each of the steps.

markmotts

As I said...

That is what I have to do each time to pull the data in from the webhook before doing this:
Screen Shot 2023-03-24 at 14.04.13.png

for each of the steps.

markmotts

Hi

Any update on this please?

I am still having to check whether any new Responses have come through and then push them through the Workflow manually.

Thanks.

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @markmotts

As we can see from your workflow, you haven't captured the webhook yet and once you capture the webhook response after configuring the webhook URL in your triggering application from the data is coming then you wouldn't be required to press "Save & Send Test Request" again and again.

1679895736862.png

markmotts

Thanks for your reply.

As I say, I used to be a Zapier user so understand the process involved.

In this case, I have followed all the instructions shown in the screen shot you provided so what else is involved in order to "capture the webhook"?

Back to you. Thanks.

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @markmotts

In this case, I have followed all the instructions shown in the screen shot you provided so what else is involved in order to "capture the webhook"?
Once you configure the webhook URL in your triggering application, please create a test submission of the event to which you want to capture the response.

You may refer to the following video tutorial on how you can capture the webhook response -

Supreme

Staff member
I have done all that already: https://somup.com/c0euiuyRrV
Since you are using the "Webhook By Pabbly" trigger event which only captures the data from the application once send by it.

So, as per your shared video, it seems like from triggering the application you haven't gotten a response from it.

With this video, we can see that you correctly captured the webhook response, so try adding a lead/test submission from the application and checking again.

Once your trigger event is correctly configured and the data from the triggering application is obtained, the rest of the action step will follow the action step, so there is no need to manually press the "Save & Send Test Request" button.

markmotts

Sorry, but how many times do I have to say, the rest of the steps are NOT happening automatically.

You saw that in the video, a new lead came in but it only got as far as the webhook.

I have been saying the same thing in every message since Friday and still keep recommending adding a lead/test submission.

Do one of your programmers need to get involved?

markmotts

UPDATE: Workflow #1 - Actually worked this last time, it all flowed through and all the steps were completed.

Let's see what happens next time.