• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Temporary variables and sequential routing

bandelero

Dear Pabbly Team,

I finally had a chance to look at the custom variables feature you've recently added. I realized that your implementation of custom variables is "global" as opposed to temporary - e.g. live within one execution of a workflow.

I think this misses a huge use case, specifically when temporary variables are used with sequential workflow routing.

I'm sure you know that in Make you can set your variables to be "live" for just one workflow run (cycle). And when you use them with routers (which are sequential in Make), you can use these temporary variables to pass information between branches of a router.

For example, say I have an automation that uses an LLM to summarise a piece of text. I in Make I could build a router with three branches:
(1) If the text is shorter than 10k words, send it to GPT-3.5-16k for processing and deposit the GPT output into a temporary variable (e.g. "summary_text")
(2) If the text is longer than 10k words, send it to Claude 2 vis OpenRouter for processing, and deposit the output into "summary_text"
(3) Unconditional router (runs after (1) or (2) have run) gets the "summary_text" variable and uses its value to write an email

Being able to use temporary variables, sequential router processing and unconditional branching makes it a lot easier and more intuitive to develop complex automations.

Would you consider adding these features?

Evgeny

bandelero

Added!

There already is a request to enable sequential processing of router branches (and to give us a way to reorder the execution sequence). I added the request for temporary (workflow) variables.