• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Text Formatter by Pabbly timed out

dataforge

task id IjE1NTAyMTcwNCI_3D

The response received from the Text Formatter by Pabbly app is shown below:
Responsefalse
MessageResponse not received in 15 seconds

Is text formatter deprecated now? What is the replacement? Or is something else happening

thanks!

Fagun Shah

You can just replace that Text formatter action with the same action name which does not have deprecated at the end.

Fagun Shah

Two workflows with multiple text formatter operations failed me as well today. This is the first time I see that the text formatter has been deprecated.

Not cool, dammit. We should be informed when a workflow component gets deprecated. It is not realistic for the user to recheck their workflows by hand every month to see which function has been changed.

Pabbly Connect: we need better communication from you.

Fagun Shah

Two workflows with multiple text formatter operations failed me as well today. This is the first time I see that the text formatter has been deprecated.

Not cool, dammit. We should be informed when a workflow component gets deprecated. It is not realistic for the user to recheck their workflows by hand every month to see which function has been changed.

Pabbly Connect: we need better communication from you.
@Ivan Arnaudov @dataforge check this once -
1653527866236.png

Yeah. Well. No.

Facebook is not good for this kind of information. I have all sorts of notifications enabled and yet I did not see this message.

But even if I did, this is not the way to handle important updates. There should be one single stream of official communication where (1) all sorts of important changes are announced in advance and (2) people are push-notified to update.

Specifically, I remember when the Number formatter update was announced. But do I have to remember if I have used every component that is getting deprecated one day? Do I need to remember where I have used it?

This kind of announcement sucks, it is worded as if it is the users' fault. Quite a bit ironic for a company that offers automation, not to be able to automate the process of informing its users that a change is coming, or has been enacted, and that they should plan ahead and switch at an opportune time.

Not to mention that the change itself required me literally to copy/paste some text strings from one block of fields to another. The format of the service did not change, why isn't there a single-click update function to port these values into their new placeholders? Why is even updating required and why aren't deprecations migrated silently?

This is the first time I am getting really pissed with the service, and that is because this is something very simple to improve. I did not have to rush back to my PC after work hours to update a time critical parser. It was something that could have been handled way better.

P

PabblyMember3

Hey @Ivan Arnaudov ,

Thanks for your feedback,

We will discuss with the team internally on your suggestions and work on it.

Also, we've checked the deprecated actions of all formatters and now its working fine. Still, you are requested to use the updated actions of formatters in your workflows instead of using the deprecated ones.