• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Text Formatter Split Text - Task Not Executed

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBiZ

I am using the email parser and text parser to push data into a google sheet. In this case I am splitting the first and last name. However, sometimes the names are not available, and it is causing an execution failure and my data is not being sent.
1696261639435.png

I have already Enabled Ignore Error on the Split Text steps (see screen snip below) in order to bypass this step if a name is not present, but it still causes the task to fail execute when a name is not present. Is this a problem in the Text Parser > Split Text or is there something else that I need to do in order to allow the workflow to continue once this step cannot be accomplished?

1696261616824.png

Himesh

Hello @RBiZ, If you are getting name key's sometimes and sometimes it's missing then you should use "Is exist" from filter action

1696262607050.png

RBiZ

Hello @RBiZ, If you are getting name key's sometimes and sometimes it's missing then you should use "Is exist" from filter action

View attachment 32317
Thanks for the response. However, I am not trying to stop the entire workflow if there are no names. I am trying to bypass the text splitter actions if there are no names or if the field doesn't exist. I still want rest of the data that does exist to be passed to the Google sheet.
1696265786651.png

I would think setting the Split Text Action to Ignore Error should allow the workflow to continue if this step has an error or data doesn't exist, but for some reason it is still stopping the workflow if there are no names.

Himesh

Then you should use routers "
" Set 1st condition for name exists and 2nd for name not exists.

RBiZ

I think I have discovered my problem. I didn't realize that I would still receive error emails when an action fails that is set to ignore error. However, upon closer review the final action is still processing and adding the data to my Google Sheet. Thus the Ignore Error function seems to be working as it should. This post may be disregarded as the workflow is functioning properly.
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.