• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Trouble With Google Drive Folders Within Folders

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I'm trying to accomplish:

I want to create a company in my CRM and have Pabbly Connect create a series of Google drive files and folders with that company name.

Create folder with the company name > add folders and copy existing files inside the newly created folder.

My issue:

The first time I run the workflow it adds the folder with the name I want and inside that folder are all the other folders and files copied over correctly with the right names.

However, the next time I run the workflow it creates the new folder correctly but adds all the other folders and files into the folder that the workflow initially created instead of the new companies' folder.

P

PabblyMember4

Hey @mattlandgrebe

Please check while copying files to a folder location, you have mentioned in the New Folder Location field "Demo Pizza Co." that's the reason all your files are getting copied in the "Demo Pizza Co" folder location. Screenshot for your reference:-

1663322540688.png

Could you please once check this and let me know?

Thanks
Kunal

P

PabblyMember4

Hey @mattlandgrebe

You need to give the new Folder name that is required there. You can't left the field as blank. Kindly give the required Folder name and let us know if you are getting data in the required folder or not.

The issue isn't getting files to be duplicated into a folder, the issue is duplicating files into a folder that was created by the workflow itself. There's no option for "use newly created folder", or something like that.

I can't enter the name of the folder I want the files/folders to be created inside because the name won't exist until I add a new client/company to my CRM (the trigger).

I need an option for Google Drive that recognises the previous steps in the workflow otherwise it will work properly the first time the workflow runs, then every time after that it will add a new folder and name it correctly then duplicates the other files to the original folder (instead of the new one that the workflow created).

Alternatively, would it be possible to set this up in two separate workflows to achieve what I'm after?

Workflow 1
Trigger: I add a new company to my CRM
Action: Google Drive folder is created with the name of the company in a specific place in my Google Drive

Workflow 2
Trigger: When a new folder is created in the specific folder mentioned above in Google Drive
Action: Then the new folders and files are added to the new folder that was just created?

I still can't think of the setting I would need for Pabbly Connect to know the name of the new folder, as in a setting for add to newest folder created or something that isn't name specific?

Subin

Staff member
Hey @mattlandgrebe !

Workflow 1
Trigger: I add a new company to my CRM
Action: Google Drive folder is created with the name of the company in a specific place in my Google Drive

This can be done, but please let us know which CRM will you be using and also does it supports Webhook with them?

So we can check on it if possible or not.

Workflow 2
Trigger: When a new folder is created in the specific folder mentioned above in Google Drive
Action: Then the new folders and files are added to the new folder that was just created?

Sure, this can be done.

If a new folder is created, then you can use it to proceed further.

Hope, to hear from you soon.

Hi Subin, I'm not having trouble getting Google drive to create a folder. I have that working fine.

Once the folder is created, I want a series of other folders and files added to that new folder which I also have working fine.

However, the problem is when the workflow runs itself in the future, I want the additional files/folders to be created within the new folder that is created from the CRM > Google Drive trigger.

So, every time the workflow is triggered and runs, it will create a new folder and I want the files to get added to the new folders every time.
Currently I can't see a way to make this happen.

Hopefully this clears up any confusion. This is the workflow I am trying to create.

Every time I add a new company to my CRM, I want the file/folder structure automatically created as shown below.

But following time I add a new company to CRM, add that same structure, the only difference will be the first folder will be named the new company.

Pabbly Connect Workflow.png

Status
Not open for further replies.