• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Twitch Trigger does not work

Epyx

Hi there,

i want to create a workflow that triggers an action when a twitch live stream started, so i set up all the steps and created the twitch connection with client id and secret.

After setting everything up i clicked on "Save & Send Test Request" and started a livestream on the provided user id account - but it always says "Waiting for Response"

If i try to choose an action with "Insert Data from Previous Step" it always gets

"status":"webhook_callback_verification_pending"

So why is the trigger getting no response? I stopped and started the livestream multiple times and waiting a couple a time...

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @Epyx

Can you tell us that after configuring the trigger event in the workflow, you started streaming afterward?

Since you have opted for the "New Live Stream " trigger event which will capture the response once the submission for that trigger event from Twitch.

Also, if you can record a short video on how you are trying to capture the webhook response would be very helpful.

Reach out to Twitch support: If you've followed the above steps and are still experiencing issues, it's recommended to contact Twitch support for further assistance. They can provide specific guidance or investigate any potential problems on their end.

Epyx

As i said, i configured the workflow like this:

workflow1.png

So now it is waiting for a response (start the livestream) so i started the livestream on the given user id and waited a few minutes.

Then i wanted to add an action - for example sending a mail over gmail - but i do not get any information and it does not seem that the trigger was called:

workflow2.png

Supreme

Staff member
The message "status":"webhook_callback_verification_pending" indicates that the verification process for your webhook subscription is still pending. When you subscribe to a webhook on Twitch, the platform requires you to verify the subscription before it starts sending actual webhook events.

To complete the verification process, Twitch sends a verification request to the callback URL you provided when setting up the webhook. This request contains a challenge parameter that you need to respond to with the appropriate verification code.

Make sure that your code is set up to handle the verification request correctly. When you receive the verification request, extract the challenge parameter from the request payload and respond with the exact challenge value as the response. This will confirm that you control the provided callback URL, and Twitch will mark your webhook subscription as verified.

Once the verification is complete, you should start receiving actual webhook events related to the subscribed topic.

I have the same problem. How should we retrieve the verification message, when the URL is set to localhost (as in the setup description mentioned)?
In my opinion, this should be handled by pabbly. As user I'm not able to get these message.

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @steve wallet

Can you please elaborate on your concern about what step of the automation you are getting stuck in, so that we can look into it and help you accordingly?

I'm not able to setup the Twitch "New Stream" trigger.
I inserted the client ID and secret, but it does not work.

In my opinion, the URL you have to provide during the application setup on Twitch Developer site, should be a Pabbly URL, as the application must be validated with a secret, which is send over via callback.

Noone has something installed on localhost to answer this callback.

Supreme

Staff member
In my opinion, the URL you have to provide during the application setup on Twitch Developer site, should be a Pabbly URL, as the application must be validated with a secret, which is send over via callback.
Can you please record a short video on how you processing this part of the connection, so that I can check this with the technical team and help you accordingly?

Sorry, your developers just should read the Twitch API documentation.
The localhost URL only works for development purposes. In production when the software runs on a server a dedicated URL is necessary.

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @steve wallet

I'm not able to setup the Twitch "New Stream" trigger.
I inserted the client ID and secret, but it does not work.

Noone has something installed on localhost to answer this callback.
It seems like your Twitch webhook verification is still pending. This means Twitch hasn't finished confirming your subscription to the webhook yet. When you subscribe to a webhook on Twitch, they need to make sure it's you before they start sending you notifications.

We've tested the integration on our end, and it's working perfectly for us and other users too.

Ok, I was able to extract the webhook request from response data, but why is that not handled automatically? Just open a new window with that URL (which the javascript can easily extract) and everything is done.

Supreme

Staff member
Could you please attempt to retrieve the webhook response by initiating a new stream? This triggers when a live stream starts from the streamers you've specified.

Further, it appears that you haven't connected your Facebook connection correctly and because of that the pages are not getting listed.

So, please make a new connection in the incognito mode and then try again.

I already started a new stream while taking the video, but nothig happens.

FB connection I did multiple times, but pages are not loaded. If I specify the page as in the video posting works.

Supreme

Staff member
I am forwarding your concern to the technical team, and they are currently looking into it.

We shall notify you with an update soon.

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @steve wallet

In response to your inquiry, we've implemented a minor adjustment to the trigger event. We suggest creating a new workflow and testing it out accordingly.