• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Uploading to Google Drive - 500MB limit & other inconsistencies

Your Task History ID
IjU3NmQwNTZlMDYzNjA0MzM1MjZiNTUzNDUxMzY1MTY3NTQzNyI_3D_pc
Hi team, I've got a workflow where I'm saving zoom recordings to google drive, and I understand there is a 500MB limit. I'm using the 'large file upload' action so it can upload up to 500MB but I'm finding some inconsistencies...

FIRST INCONSISTENCY:
If the file is over 500MB it fails, which I expected, but when I re-run it, sometimes it actually works successfully making me think that it can actually work if over 500MB.

I'm hoping for 100% clarity on what the expected outcome is, and if there is in fact a way to 'get around' the limit, this would be ideal, as we have many calls each week where the calls are over 500MB, and would like it to work.

See this Task History: IjU3NmQwNTZlMDYzNjA0MzM1MjZiNTUzNDUxMzY1MTY3NTQzNyI_3D_pc

Below is a task I re-ran this morning and it worked successfully, eventhough it was over 500MB:

1720128398726.png

SECOND INCONSISTENCY:
Some calls that are under 500MB fail and I can't work out why. When I re-run them manually, they work successfully, so it's almost like the system get's stuck and times out perhaps.

The workflow I've built is quite intricate, as it needs to first create a new folder in a specific folder of google drive, subject to the call name, and then save all of the file types (e.g audio/txt/screenshare etc) into that specific folder. This means there are two sets of router elements (one router with multiple paths, inside another router).

I'd like someone's help to check over why these actions are sometimes failing, with no reason, and when I re-run them manually, they work successfully.

Here's an example Task History ID where it ran successfully when I manually re-ran the task, after first failing: IjU3NmQwNTZmMDYzMTA0MzI1MjZjNTUzMTUxMzE1MTYwNTQzMSI_3D_pc

This is happening to me multiple times a day, it's making me feel that it would just be easier to do the task manually.

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
Hi @projects@developernetwork,

Hi team, I've got a workflow where I'm saving zoom recordings to google drive, and I understand there is a 500MB limit. I'm using the 'large file upload' action so it can upload up to 500MB but I'm finding some inconsistencies...

FIRST INCONSISTENCY:
If the file is over 500MB it fails, which I expected, but when I re-run it, sometimes it actually works successfully making me think that it can actually work if over 500MB.

I'm hoping for 100% clarity on what the expected outcome is, and if there is in fact a way to 'get around' the limit, this would be ideal, as we have many calls each week where the calls are over 500MB, and would like it to work.

See this Task History: IjU3NmQwNTZlMDYzNjA0MzM1MjZiNTUzNDUxMzY1MTY3NTQzNyI_3D_pc

Below is a task I re-ran this morning and it worked successfully, eventhough it was over 500MB:

View attachment 44394
Please allow me some time to discuss this with my team. We will get back to you with an update soon.

SECOND INCONSISTENCY:
Some calls that are under 500MB fail and I can't work out why. When I re-run them manually, they work successfully, so it's almost like the system get's stuck and times out perhaps.

The workflow I've built is quite intricate, as it needs to first create a new folder in a specific folder of google drive, subject to the call name, and then save all of the file types (e.g audio/txt/screenshare etc) into that specific folder. This means there are two sets of router elements (one router with multiple paths, inside another router).

I'd like someone's help to check over why these actions are sometimes failing, with no reason, and when I re-run them manually, they work successfully.

Here's an example Task History ID where it ran successfully when I manually re-ran the task, after first failing: IjU3NmQwNTZmMDYzMTA0MzI1MjZjNTUzMTUxMzE1MTYwNTQzMSI_3D_pc

This is happening to me multiple times a day, it's making me feel that it would just be easier to do the task manually.
Kindly monitor your workflow for some time, and if you encounter the error again, share the Task History with us on this thread without re-executing the task. Since you have already re-executed the task, we currently won't be able to determine the cause of the issue you are encountering

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
I had a discussion with the technical team, and they informed me that the 'Google Drive: Upload Large File' action step is designed to handle files up to 500MB consistently.

While it may sometimes allow uploads of 600-800MB due to varying network conditions, this is not guaranteed. For reliable uploads, we recommend keeping your files under 500MB. Attempting to consistently upload files over this limit may result in failures.