• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Watch Dropbox folder > Email files

Praveen

I would like to setup the following automation:

1. Have Pabbly Connect watch a specific Dropbox folder.
2. When a file is added to this folder, send an email to specific email addresses with the file as an attachment.
3. Some email addresses will be added in CC field.
4. The subject line for the email is the attachment file name.
5. The body is the email is prespecified text.

Please tell me how this can be setup.

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @Praveen

I would like to setup the following automation:

1. Have Pabbly Connect watch a specific Dropbox folder.
2. When a file is added to this folder, send an email to specific email addresses with the file as an attachment.
3. Some email addresses will be added in CC field.
4. The subject line for the email is the attachment file name.
5. The body is the email is prespecified text.

You can refer to our tutorial video, to fetch the Dropbox file on the trigger response -

(Watch the first part of the video)

And to pass the details from Gmail, watch the following video -

(Watch the video from 2nd part)

Kindly try this at your end and let us know if you get stuck at any step.

Kopius

@Supreme I would like to setup a very similar automation, but the videos here do not specifically address my scenario:

1. Have Pabbly Connect watch a specific Google Drive folder for the addition of a "new file".
2. When a "new file" is added to this folder, send an email with the "new file" as an attachment to specific email addresses.

Note: I do not want to send data from a permanent file that receives new data. Rather, each time a "new file" is added to the folder, I want to email that "new file" as an attachment.

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @Kopius
1. Have Pabbly Connect watch a specific Google Drive folder for the addition of a "new file".
Watch the 1st part of the video to use the " Google Drive: New File In Specific Folder" trigger event.

Watch the last part of the video on how you can send the Google Drive FIle to your recipients.

Kindly try this in your workflow and let us know if that works for you.

Kopius

@Supreme, thank you for your response. The last part of the 2nd video talks about mapping to and sending an existing file repeatedly. My scenario is different... I'm trying to send the most recently uploaded (new) file.

Specifically, each time a new file is uploaded to a folder, I need to send that new file (as an attachment) to a recipient. Can this be accomplished?

Kopius

@Supreme, thank you for sharing the workflow. Everything worked with the exception of GMail sending the file. When selecting Res2 WebViewLink, an email is sent without an attachment.
Res2 WebviewLink.jpg
I'm hoping you can take a look and let me know if I'm doing something wrong.

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @Kopius

Kindly map the "AlternateLink" data label in the Gmail's attachment field instead of "FullFileExtension" and then try again.

Also if the file is not publicly accessible then kindly make it accessible or share it with the respective user.

Please make the changes accordingly.

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @Kopius

You haven't changed the mapping into your workflow and because of that, you were not getting the attachment in the mail.

We have corrected the mapping and it is working now. Kindly review that up and try again.

2022-05-10_11h28_42.png

2022-05-10_11h28_54.png

Kopius

Thank you for the clarification. It worked. I mistakenly applied the updated mapping to a different workflow.

Question: Is there a window of time that must pass before the workflow is triggered based on a "new" (2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc.) file being added to the Google Drive folder? After running the workflow manually to ensure the attachment was correctly received, I then added a new (different) file to the folder, and manually refreshed the Trigger step, however the trigger would not pull the new file until I manually deleted the original file.

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @Kopius

Google Drive's trigger event is a polling-based trigger that takes 10 mins to fetch the new file from your Google Drive. So there is no time interval in which you should worry to create a new file.

Whenever you pass a new file the trigger will get the data in automation in 10 mins. Though pressing the "Save & Send Test Request" it might take the new file immediately because it is the testing data that will be fetched.