• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Webhook work on Zapier and not here

digitaltown

Well, I'm creating a Workflow that start with a webhook that's called by a javascript in that page with that url (can only change the email address)

The js call the webhook if the user see at least 30 seconds of the movie in that page.

Well, I've tried the webhook on Zapier and it's called correctly after 30 seconds but that's not happening on Pabbly where the webhook is never called.

That's the js on that page. If I replace the zapUrl with the one from zapier, everything works but with Pabbly nothing happens.

In my account there are 2 workflow - Video Tracking and videotracking. The latter was created to have a new webhook but nothing happens. If you need something please ask since I really don't know why Zapier works and Pabbly not.

Thanks

Code:
<script src="https://player.vimeo.com/api/player.js"></script>
<script style="text/javascript">

//NOTA: per far funzionare questo script serve includere questo javascript nell'header della pagina:
//https://player.vimeo.com/api/player.js

var zapUrl = "https://connect.pabbly.com/workflow/sendwebhookdata/IjU3NjMwNTY1MDYzZTA0MzA1MjY5NTUzYyI_3D_pc",
 vidCheckpoints = [
 //min 1
 {secondi: 30, messaggio: "Arrivato al sec 30 - molto bravo e professionale"},
 //min 70
 {secondi: 4200, messaggio: "Arrivato al min 1:10:00 Descrizione punto del video"},
 //min 1:50:45
 {secondi: 6645, messaggio: "Arrivato al min 1:50:45Descrizione punto del video"},
 //min 2:19:00
 {secondi: 8340, messaggio: "Arrivato al min 2:19:00 Descrizione punto del video"}
 ];

//funzione ausiliaria che setta un cookie
function setCookie(nome, valore, ggScadenza, path) {
 if (path == undefined) {
 path = "/";
 }
 var d = new Date();
 d.setTime(d.getTime() + (ggScadenza * 24 * 60 * 60 * 1000));
 var expires = "expires=" + d.toUTCString();
 document.cookie = nome + "=" + valore + "; " + expires + "; path=" + path;
}
//funzione ausiliaria che legge un cookie
function getCookie(nome) {
 var name = nome + "=";
 var ca = document.cookie.split(';');
 for (var i = 0; i < ca.length; i++) {
 var c = ca[i];
 while (c.charAt(0) == ' ')
 c = c.substring(1);
 if (c.indexOf(name) == 0) return c.substring(name.length, c.length);
 }
 return "";
}
//checkparametro email in URL
var getUrlParameter1 = function getUrlParameter(sParam) {
 var sPageURL = window.location.search.substring(1),
 sURLVariables = sPageURL.split('&'),
 sParameterName,
 i;
 for (i = 0; i < sURLVariables.length; i++) {
 sParameterName = sURLVariables[i].split('=');
 if (sParameterName[0] === sParam) {
 return sParameterName[1] === undefined ? true : decodeURIComponent(sParameterName[1]);
 }
 }
};
$(function() {

var emailContatto = getUrlParameter1("contactEmail");

//trovo la prima parte del nome del cookie
 var pagepathArr = window.location.pathname.split("/"),
 pagepath = pagepathArr[pagepathArr.length - 1],
 nomeCookie = "movie_" + pagepath;

//console.log("emailContatto= " + emailContatto)

//se non esiste parametro email controllo cookie se lo trovo li lo aggiorno, altrimenti se lo trovo ma non c'è il cookie, setto il cookie
 var coockieEmail = nomeCookie+"_email";
 if(!emailContatto){
 if(getCookie(coockieEmail)){
 emailContatto = getCookie(coockieEmail);
 }
 }else if(!getCookie(coockieEmail)){
 setCookie(coockieEmail, emailContatto);
 }

//console.log("getCookie(coockieEmail) = " + getCookie(coockieEmail))

//agisco solo se ho la mail o il cookie della mail
 //console.log(typeof emailContatto);
 if(emailContatto != false && typeof emailContatto != "undefined"){

function inviaAZapier(messDaInviare) {
 $.ajax({
 type: "POST",
 url: zapUrl,
 data: {
 email: emailContatto,
 messaggio: messDaInviare,
 link: String(window.location).split("?")[0]
 },
 success: function(data) {
 //console.log(+JSON.stringify(data))
 console.log(data.status == "success" ? "Messaggio aggiunto con successo" : "Mess non Aggiunto: c'è stato un errore");
 }
 });
 };

var iframe = $('#miovideo1')[0],
 player = new Vimeo.Player(iframe);

player.on('timeupdate', function(data) {
 var vidDuration = data.duration;
 player.getCurrentTime().then(function(seconds) {
 //console.log("duration - " + vidDuration)
 //console.log("played - "+seconds )

vidCheckpoints.forEach(function(objVid){

//se è maggiore dei secondi dell'oggetto (e non mai fatto la chiamata, ovvero non c'è cookie) mando chiamata API a Zapier
 var coockieDaSalvare = nomeCookie+"_"+objVid.secondi;
 if (seconds > objVid.secondi && !getCookie(coockieDaSalvare)) {
 inviaAZapier(objVid.messaggio);
 //settaCookie che è stato salvato quel checkpoint
 setCookie(coockieDaSalvare, true, 10);

console.log("aggiorno zapier che ha visto "+objVid.secondi+" secondi del video...");
 }

});

});
 });

}

});
</script>

Supreme

Staff member
It appears from your history log that your workflow has captured the webhook response in live execution correctly.

Further, try capturing the webhook response once and then try again in a live execution. I hope your workflow should work accordingly.

digitaltown

Was captured correctly just one time and never more. I've made many tries until I've tried Zapier and it captured the webhook all the times. What I've changed is only the webhook address but as I input the pabbly one, the webhook is not triggered at all, really don't know what to do...

I'm asking your help since I can only change the webhook address. The script was given to a friend that use it on Zapier without problems...

digitaltown

Well. don't know why but I've retried with Zapier and with Zapier it works perfectly and all the times. With Pabbly the webhook is triggered at random and don't know when and why.

Problem is that this workflow is mandatory for us and we cannot use Pabbly and Zapier so if I dodn't get this worked out I've to move to Zapier.

Can you help please?

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @digitaltown

The trigger event is based on webhooks only captures the response from the application and Pabbly does not alter the incoming data. Despite this, many Pabbly users report prompt responses.

digitaltown

A technician has created for me the webhook on zapier and this works perfectly on zapier. Now I'll try to replicate in Pabbly.

cavarpe

I am experiencing this exact same issue. The Webhooks in Zapier process Javascript and render it. So some site are using this as a measure to check if you are a bot. Is there any way that we can use a webhook to post. I am trying to fill out a form and I have it working on Zapier. When I replicate it on Pabbly it do not work.

cavarpe

I have to submit data to a form that is protected by Cloudflare. Cloudflare bot prevention will check if Javascript is enabled and try to execute a script before it allows you to submit the form.

When I try to do to it in Zapier, I use the Webhook option, and form submission works perfectly. No problem. When I try to do it in Pabbly the form will not accept the connection and in the error, it mentions that Javascript is not supported.

This form is hosted in Clickfunnels 2.0.

Is there a way to process a page with javascript before submitting the form.

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @cavarpe

Can you please share the workflow? URL with us, so that we can look into it, if you are using API by Pabbly action step then kindly share the API documentation of the form submission application you are using?