• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

What happens when I turn a workflow back on?

I need some clarification. I have a workflow triggered by someone being added to a segment in Flodesk. I turned it to inactive because I wanted to add a large number of people to a specific segment and did NOT want the workflow triggered. But when I turned the workflow back on in Pabbly Connect, it seemed like the triggers that occurred when the workflow was inactive started processing. Is this how it works? Is there a way to prevent that from happening?

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @tasha.kaleidoscope

The behavior you described, where triggers from the period when the webhook was inactive start processing after you switch it back on, typically occurs because the triggering application retains the data from those past triggers.

When you turn off the workflow, the triggering application may continue to collect data and store it in a queue or buffer. When you turn the workflow back on, the application processes this backlog of data, as it's still relevant and needs to be handled by the workflow.

This behavior is designed to ensure that no data is lost during the period when the webhook is inactive. It allows the workflow to catch up on any missed triggers and process them in chronological order. However, it's essential to be aware of this behavior when reactivating webhooks to avoid unexpected processing of past triggers, especially in cases where you want to prevent such processing. To prevent it, contact the applications' support to inquire about any settings or configurations that can control this behavior.