• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

What's the difference between a transaction, sale, enrolment etc

Lulu

Hi,
I want to connect Teachable to Zagomail, so that when I make a sale the person can be subscribed to Zagomail

I have free courses and paid courses, and a payment plan.
What's the difference between a
  • sale and transaction
  • enrolment and user
not sure what to use for the Trigger

thanks

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @Lulu

In the Enrolment: The trigger will capture the response when a user enrolls in a course.

In the user: The trigger event will get the response when a new user signs up.

Sale: Triggers when a user enrolls themselves in a course, it can be a free or paid course

Transaction: Triggers when a student is charged successfully and makes a payment for a sale (including one-time, subscription, or payment plan purchases), For a subscription or a payment plan, there is a new transaction created for every single payment.

1683094821336.png

I hope now you can select the appropriate trigger event for your use case.

You can also refer to the following video tutorials on the Teachable application.

Lulu

Thanks. I think I understand transaction vs sale now... a sale is a one time thing. But a transaction would happen with a pay plan. Each time a payment was made, a transaction is made. is that correct?

But I don't really understand when to use Enrollment vs SALE or Transaction. I need case studies to understand when or why to choose one over the other.

I also don't know what a USER is? When would that be beneficial?

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
Hey @Lulu,

I am sharing two videos with you that demonstrate both use cases. I am hoping this would help you understand the difference between the two.

1. New Sale

2. New Enrollment