• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Whatsapp Cloud API connection issue

nghuixuan

Hi, I keep having issue with connection on Whatsapp Cloud API. I set up an Action using Whatsapp Cloud API, and selected Send Template Message option. Then i set up the connection following the guide on this youtube:
However, I can't find any of my template messages after hitting 'connect'.
I then went on to try "Send text message" and got this error, which I assume from the reading of it, seems like the API connection wasn't done properly as Error Message that says "Object with ID '1097773....." thats my phone number ID. Can I seek help to troubleshoot please?
1673089785595.png

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @nghuixuan

If the end user did not initiate the conversation with your WhatsApp - you must use a "Send Template Message" action instead. Once, the user started a conversation with your WhatsApp then, only you can use this action step.

1673242615967.png

nghuixuan

I managed to send a template message when i use the temporary bearer token. However, i have problem getting the permanent token to work. Can you please advise why?

I saw someone else having similar problem on this forum as well, however, it's quite important for us to use permanent token otherwise our workflow can only be active for 1 day at max.

Thanks!

nghuixuan

Separately to receive notifications back from the customers via Whatsapp, I've followed the steps in the video below to setup webhook from Whatsapp to Pabbly. However, is the token also temporary? How can I set up a permanent token for this?

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @nghuixuan

Please refer to the following video tutorial once on how you can generate the permanent token in your WhatsApp Cloud API account.

Further, if you have already generated the permanent token once previously then you need to delete it first and then try to generate a new one.

nghuixuan

Thank you! i've just revoked the previous permanent token and generated a new one. When i used the token on Whatsapp Cloud API on Pabbly, it couldn't connect. Can you help please?

Supreme

Staff member
We recommend contacting the WhatsApp Cloud API support team once to generate the permanent token in your account.

nghuixuan

To clarify, can I ask, do I need to generate a separate permanent token to do each of below?
1. receive callback/reply to my Whatsapp Biz account
2. send template message from my Whatsapp Biz account

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @nghuixuan
To clarify, can I ask, do I need to generate a separate permanent token to do each of below?
1. receive callback/reply to my Whatsapp Biz account
2. send template message from my Whatsapp Biz account

Users need to generate tokens for sending messages via Cloud API.

nghuixuan

Sorry i didn't describe my question clearly. I meant to ask
1. if separate token is required to receive callback/reply via Cloud API vs to send message via Cloud API?
2. If yes for #1, can both tokens be permanent token? So far i believe I've only seen steps of how to generate a permanent token for sending msg via Cloud API (the latter) but not receiving callback/reply via Cloud API (the former)