• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Why does not Youtube allow me to post a video in certain category?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your Task History ID
IjU3NjMwNTZmMDYzNTA0M2M1MjZjNTUzZDUxM2I1MTY0NTQzMCI_3D_pc
Hi,

I am having an issue with YouTube upload automation where I cannot post a video in category 42, which is the shorts category, even though the length of the content is 34 seconds and made by Creatomate in MP4 format. When I switch it to Blogs and People, category 22, I can upload with no problems. This is important to me because it directly impacts the number of views and comments under my uploads.

Here is the task ID: IjU3NjMwNTZmMDYzNTA0M2M1MjZjNTUzZDUxM2I1MTY0NTQzMCI_3D_pc

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @Bananajuice2002

I have normally tested the YouTube action step with 22 category IDs and the video is getting posted as shorts on our YouTube account.

1709204525340.png

1709204554232.png

Thank you for confirming that for me. I have been doing that too, and I have encountered that problem. The issue is that the category of 22 is assigned to 'People and Blogs,' not 'Shorts.' I believe that the category can have an impact on my views, likes, and comments, which is why I would like to clarify that with the 42 category, which is the shorts category. I want to be specific about that. I wonder if I can do that or why it does not work for me if all the requirements for shorts are met on YouTube?

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @Bananajuice2002

We have tested the API and the video is not getting uploaded with category ID 42, so we have escalated your concern to the technical team and they will look into it.

Supreme

Staff member
I've tested the action step and obtained a list of available categories. Although the list includes the "shorts" category, it's important to note that it's currently not assignable through the YouTube Data API.

You can still manually upload and publish shorts. Additionally, there are other categories not yet supported by the API. This limitation is inherent to the YouTube API itself, not Pabbly Connect. It's possible that in the future, Google may expand the categories allowed through the API.

1709363628811.png

Status
Not open for further replies.