• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

WooCommerce > Mailchimp Journey (automation)

ec_206

Your Task History ID
IjU3NjUwNTY0MDYzNjA0MzA1MjY0NTUzMDUxMzIi_pc
We recently launched out client's new WordPress site and are trying to get their previous Zapier (Woo > Mailchimp) automation working in Pabbly. Here is how the Zap currently works:
1. Woocommerce - New Order
2. Filter - Product ID = (the two products we're targeting)
3. Mailchimp

Here is the Mailchimp Zap (we did not build this) and what I'm trying to recreate in Pabbly:

1. Audience = Website
2. Subscriber email = Billing email
3. Status = Subscribed
4. Double Opt-in = false
5. Update existing = Yes
6. Tag(s) - Registration
7. First Name = Billing first name
8. Last Name = Billing last name
9. Phone Number = Billing phone

The way I understand this is it looks for this subscriber, then adds the "Registration" tag. I tested the Journey (automation) directly in Mailchimp by the "Registration" tag to another test subscriber account and the journey ran and I received the Mailchimp order confirmation email (its a nicely designed template). The issue with this Zap is if the subscriber doesn't exist, it won't fire the Mailchimp automation. I told my client that my impression is these users have already subscribed prior to them purchasing these products (school registrations). But what if they are new and not suscribed? What if they are subscribed and have the tag? The automation won't fire.

The Pabbly Mailchimp action events I are either "add" or "update" subscriber.

My question is what would be the steps to build out a flow in Pabbly with validation. This flow would seem to work better than their current Zap.

1. Does subscriber exists
2. If true, check if the tag "Registration" exists
3. If exists do nothing - Mailchimp journey doesn't do anything
4. If it doesn't exist add the tag - Mailchimp journey fires off email to subscriber
5. If subscriber doesn't exist, add subscriber
6. Add the tag "Registration" > Mailchimp journey fires off email to subscriber

Thanks!

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @ec_206

To recreate your automation in Pabbly with the necessary validations, follow these steps:

1. WooCommerce - New Order:
- Set up a trigger for a new order in WooCommerce.
(Watch the first part of the video)

2. Filter - Product ID:
- Add a filter to check if the Product ID matches the targeted products.

3. Check if a Subscriber Exists:
- Use the "Search for Subscriber" action in Pabbly to check if the subscriber (based on the billing email) already exists in Mailchimp.

1721462069390.png

4. Conditional Steps:
- Add a conditional step to handle the true/false branches.

By creating individual routes you can check If the subscriber exists:

1. Check if the "Registration" Tag Exists:
- Use another "Find Subscriber" action to check for the "Registration" tag in the subscriber's details.

2. Conditional Steps:
- If the tag exists, do nothing.
- If the tag does not exist, proceed to add the tag.

If the subscriber does not exist:
1. Add Subscriber:
- Use the "Add Subscriber" action to create a new subscriber with the required details (email, first name, last name, phone number) and set the status to "Subscribed".
- Set "Double Opt-in" to false and "Update existing" to yes.

2. Add "Registration" Tag:
- Use the "Add Tag" action to tag the subscriber with "Registration".

This flow ensures that nothing happens if the subscriber exists and has the tag, maintaining the current state. The tag is added if the subscriber exists but doesn't have the tag. If the subscriber doesn't exist, they are added and tagged, triggering the Mailchimp journey.