• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

WordPress Category by Name

Steve Dee

I am wanting to trigger a new post to be created in my target WP site.
My source WP site has it's own list of categories. Any way to pass the category name and have it match on name?

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @Steve Dee

Could you please briefly elaborate on your use case once with the help of a screenshot or a short video. So that we can look into it and assist you accordingly.

Steve Dee

Ok, I can try to explain it better:
My source WP blog has a category of "Cookies" with an ID of 17
I want to replicate any posts that get published into another WP blog (target) - for any and all categories.
However, my target blog also has a category of "Cookies", but it's ID is 30.

So my question is, how do I automate a Post replication so that the new post on the target blog also receives a category of "Cookies"?

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @Steve Dee

We looked into your query and it seems like WordPress is sending the category name along with its id in a different label every time and because of that, the mapped Id of the category did not work because it gets changed every time by WordPress.

So, your use case doesn't seem possible.