• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Wordpress Custom Field

fivehead

I have this workflow: New Air Table record > Create Wordpress Post.

I have custom fields (created with Advanced Custom Posts plugin) on the Wordpress posts table that I need to populate. I received the column data from the Air Table trigger, but how do I map it in the Create Wordpress post action?

Thank You so much!

Pabbly

Administrator
Staff member
Currently WordPress integration does not supports custom fields. Once the WordPress start providing the required details in API, we will update the integration in order to support custom fields as well.

fivehead

Thanks for the reply. I am confused, though. I have another workflow: Wordpress Register User > Create Airtable record.

The Wordpress register user has a custom field that is available in the Pabbly trigger and is successfully passed to the Airtable record.

Why are Wordpress custom fields available for one workflow, but not the other?

Thank you!

Last edited:

Neeraj

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the reply. I am confused, though. I have another workflow: Wordpress Register User > Create Airtable record.

The Wordpress register user has a custom field that is available in the Pabbly trigger and is successfully passed to the Airtable record.

Why are Wordpress custom fields available for one workflow, but not the other?

Thank you!
With Triggers: You are getting the data out of WordPress. When you get data out of WordPress, it sends all the data as a webhook to Pabbly's end which we are able to capture.

With Action: You want to send data to WordPress to create a post with custom fields. Right now, we do not have a way to send post the data to WordPress custom fields while creating a new post.

fivehead

Thanks for taking the time to explain, I really appreciate it!

And thank you for helping me work through this because this is a crucial step for us in our Pabbly investment.

To be clear, this is a Wordpress thing and not an Airtable thing, correct? For example, would it still not work if the originating trigger was Google Sheets instead of Airtable?

If so, you mention:
Once the WordPress start providing the required details in API

...do you know if that's on their 2021 roadmap, or is it best that I figure out a workaround?

Respectfully.

fivehead

Continuing with our conversation thus far, I am trying to find a workaround with this idea in mind:
  1. Workflow #1: Airtable record > Create Wordpress post
  2. Workflow #2: Update Wordpress post > Search Airtable record > Update searched Airtable record with Wordpress custom field changes
I don't see the custom fields available in Workflow 2's Wordpress "Response Received", which seems to conflict with your earlier comment:
With Triggers: You are getting the data out of WordPress. When you get data out of WordPress, it sends all the data as a webhook to Pabbly's end which we are able to capture.

Thanks for your continued guidance!

Pabbly

Administrator
Staff member
We did multiple checks at our end and as of now, WordPress doesn't provide a custom fields option in their Rest API documentation. Once WordPress start providing API documentation for supporting custom field, we will update the WordPress integration to support that as well.

Further the custom field issues in not associated with Google Sheet or Airtable as you are referring too.