• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Wordpress not responding to pabbly request

jvaldez

This morning i was bulk creating posts, i got to make many hundreds, but suddenly the workflow stopped working. Pabbly its receiving the data from google sheets, and its going through the Router to verify some fields, everything right for now, but when pabbly tries to create the post in wordpress theres no response. So i went to another workflow that has nothing to do with this one, and try to connect wordpress, and doesnt even want to connect. Im lost right now, it been 3 hours since that and its still not working.

P

Pabblymember11

Hey @jvaldez

We looked over your concern and it seems like you might have selected the Plain type permalink in your account. You need to change it to Post name type in your account as shown below -

- https://stackoverflow.com/questions...-site-page-in-html-how-do-i-get-it-to-give-me

unnamed.png

jvaldez

It has never been in plain type permalink, if you first read the message before answering, you will see that i was able to make many hundreds of posts, and it suddenly stopped working, so it doesnt make any sense to assume that the permalink setting is wrong. It is not, and i just checked again.

jvaldez

Now its not only that its not working, but its not even connecting to wordpress, if i create a new workflow and select wordpress as the action, when i click connect, and configure my access, it stays loading for long time and then fail. It doesnt show any of the categories or anything from wordpress. Its just not connecting.

jvaldez

Besides that... i went to zapier and connected my wordpress, it worked... i made a task, it was succesfull... Now i know for sure that the problem is pabbly connect

P

Pabblymember11

Hey @jvaldez

We are currently looking into it and will inform you with an update soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
P

Pabblymember11

Hey @jvaldez

As we have checked in your workflow there are two things that we have noted :
  1. The credentials which you are using are wrong because when our tech team checked it from the backend they found that you have pasted the whole URL which was given in the Receive Data setting page. You only need to put the URL up to the domain as instructed in the help text.

2. We have tried to execute the WP Webhooks in your workflow using the correct credentials but it seems it is not working with your WordPress due to some IP block problem. Here's the Pabbly IP which should whitelist - 44.224.102.169

For reference you can check the below video where you can see it is working fine - https://www.screenpresso.com/=YcWHg

jvaldez

YEs, the last thing i tried was pasting the whole URL to see if something happens, but before that, i always had the right credentials with the right URL, if not i wouldnt be able to make the few hundreds post i made that day.

The real answer is in your second point, about the IP block, Godaddy says that theres nothing wrong with the server and they can not find any problem, but then i went and bought another hosting on the same godaddy, installed a new wordpress, and added to the old workflow. Its now working. but the server its another one, so its obvious that the few hundreds post i made was detected as an attack by the server, and blacklisted the ip, but godaddy's support agents brains could not reach that conclusion.

I know all customer services are not trash, but i always bump into the most trashy ones, and that doesnt exclude you guys, when i finally got the right answer after long days, i had already solved my problem by myself. Just a positive critic to invite you guys to be better, read your customers inquiry first, and you will know if its a novice or something more than that, treat the inquiry according to the knowledge level of the customer and the troubleshooting he already told you he has completed, and take off from there, dont just assume everybody is dumb.

To avoid future ip blacklists by servers, Pabbly could add some smart random delays between requests when they are sent all at once. Besides that, congratulations guys, your service its amazing, i wouldnt change it for any other, and i have tried all of them.

Question: Can you add a field for password in the Create Post option of wordpress integration? so i can receive the password right from sheets.

P

Pabblymember11

Hey @jvaldez

Thanks for your valuable feedback. That will really help us to streamline our process of providing support to our customers.🙏

Question: Can you add a field for password in the Create Post option of wordpress integration? so i can receive the password right from sheets.
We're looking for the possibility of adding this and will update you.

P

Pabblymember11

Hey @jvaldez

We have added the "Create Post (Password Protected)" action step of WordPress as per your requirement based on the WordPress API. Please check at your end -

unnamed.png

jvaldez

Hey @jvaldez

We have added the "Create Post (Password Protected)" action step of WordPress as per your requirement based on the WordPress API. Please check at your end -

View attachment 4372
Very nice, it would be great if you add the password option to the "Update Post" in wordpress, so i can put passwords to some of my existing posts. Another thing i think would be great is the option to reply comment giving the comment id. You already have "create a comment", but reply an existing one would be useful.

By the way... theres a little bug in the Create Comment function, when you try to create a comment that requires moderation it doesnt work, and thats because the value you guys have its "Pending", and it should be "hold", pending its not recognize by wordpress. What i did was click on the "Map" toogle and just write the word "hold"... its works, with the value being "hold" its creating comments pending for approval. You guys just need to change that little word in the defaults options, because a lot of people are going to get lost with that.

P

Pabblymember11

Hey @jvaldez
it would be great if you add the password option to the "Update Post" in wordpress, so i can put passwords to some of my existing posts. Another thing i think would be great is the option to reply comment giving the comment id. You already have "create a comment", but reply an existing one would be useful.
For this, you can request for adding the desired feature on the respective action events for WordPress here

- https://pabbly.hellonext.co/b/Update-Existing-Application

Moreover, many thanks for enlightening us with the fact, we have updated the status dropdown as WordPress after testing the action event which only takes "hold" as a value for pending status.