• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Youtube push to linkedin: video Thumbnail not showing

HI,
My Task: 'Push Youtube to all channels' has a action of pushing video as post to youtube, however, its not displaying the thumbnail as it is for facebook on linkedin How do I get the thumbnail on linkedin?
Linkedin posts from pabbly take a look.
1697708329421.png

Could you tell me how I may be able to resolve this?

HI If you see below video you will find that youtube does indeed show thumbnail.
All i have done is copy pasted youtube link in Linkedin and it shows up.
COuld you advise?

Supreme

Staff member
When you manually share a YouTube link on your LinkedIn feed, it will display the thumbnail correctly. However, when using the API reference, the feed does not show the thumbnail or preview.

So it will only take an image, not youtube link.
Alternatively,
Would it would take a .mp4 link? Subsequently, based on your experience, would you be able to recommend how to bulk copy the links from Drop box, and would Gdrive work?
would it take gif format instead?

Hi @Supreme could you kindly answer? I need alternative solutions based on experience goal is to automate the video so that it shows on LinkedIn.
Please recommend how to achieve showing a moving image with preview/thumbnail
1.file depository ex: dropbox/Gdrive
2.The format example: Url with Mp4/.GIF
3. Push process: Dropbox>excel>Linkedin

Supreme

Staff member
So it will only take an image, not youtube link.
While you can include the YouTube URL, it's important to note that LinkedIn won't display the video thumbnail in its feed. However, it will direct you to the original YouTube link when clicked.

Would it would take a .mp4 link? Subsequently, based on your experience, would you be able to recommend how to bulk copy the links from Drop box, and would Gdrive work?

It's essential to understand that there are no alternative methods to display the thumbnail. Additionally, please provide further clarification on the last portion of this section.

I MEAN lets forget showing thumbnail. I just want to show video in any format GIF or Mp4 link from drop box or excel sheet. would it then display the content now there is no youtube link but a drop boxlink ending in either ,mp4 or .gif?

Last edited:
I tried all combinations. At present, you cant with send vids w/ previews via pabbly to linkedin regardless of format (mp4 links or GIfs) or platform to push it from i.e youtube, dropbox or excel. i have gone for for another platform radaar.io which will post it but only in MP4 format.

Supreme

Staff member
I acknowledge your concern, but it's important to note that LinkedIn itself doesn't provide any preview for video content in the feed.