• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Issues with step returning a failed where it should return a succes

apps

Hi,
I have this flow where Fetch a Partner from Partnero fails if it cannot find a partner. This causes all following steps to fail instead of run.

I want one route to run if it returns Not found and another route to run if it returns a partner.

But I can't because Pabbly Connect returns a fail on this. I already tried to make a lookup table as a workaround hoping this would solve it but with no luck. A solution would be for the action to just return a succes with "Partner not found" - because then the flow could continue.

How can I solve this?

Flow URL: https://connect.pabbly.com/workflow/mapping/IjU3NjUwNTZlMDYzZjA0MzU1MjY5NTUzNTUxM2Ii_pc
1715263427695.png

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
Hi @apps,

Please try setting up the filter conditions for your routes in this manner. This should help you with the issue you are encountering.
1715277954921.png

1715278075554.png

apps

@ArshilAhmad Thanks, however it seems you're misunderstanding the source of the problem and my message. The problem is not the matching of the router filters but the fact that the Fetch partner step returns an error when no partners are found. So this stops all following steps. It should return Success when nothing is found still and not an error because if not all following steps seem to stop. So no change of the router filters will do anything about this because the behaviour of Pabbly seems to be to stop all following steps that build on steps that error. I have tested your solution still - please check the flow again.

Here is a failed task ID after those changes still: https://connect.pabbly.com/task/history
1715338090311.png

1715338262317.png

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
@ArshilAhmad Thanks, however it seems you're misunderstanding the source of the problem and my message. The problem is not the matching of the router filters but the fact that the Fetch partner step returns an error when no partners are found. So this stops all following steps. It should return Success when nothing is found still and not an error because if not all following steps seem to stop. So no change of the router filters will do anything about this because the behaviour of Pabbly seems to be to stop all following steps that build on steps that error. I have tested your solution still - please check the flow again.
Please enable the 'Ignore Error' feature in step 19 of your workflow and see if that fixes your issue. Doing this shall allow the routes to execute.
1715358780407.png

apps

Thanks, but it still seems to show up as a failed tasks even after enabling this though the flow continues, which is not true. Nothing should fail here. Simply if no Partner is found it should create a new partner and not show up as a failed task at all. The Fetch a Partner action should be green because there is no error. There just isn't any partner which is exactly what it should find out.
It's an issue that the flow shows up as a false fail.
1715841595191.png

apps

I have these fake errors filling out my tasks runs constantly for every lead that signs up which makes it impossible to know what is actually an error. This is not working :-(
1715850186644.png

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @apps

Because the Partnero API does not provide a response code after successful completion, the workflow mistakenly regards it as a failed task.

Therefore, it is necessary to reach out to the Partnero support team to request the inclusion of a success status in the search action step.