• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Mailerlite Subscriber Status

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I created a workflow to add buyers from copecart to mailerlite (new version).

My trigger: if someone buys a product
then create or update subscriber

Basicly its working but I have a problem with the subscriber status. I have to fill in this field and the only possibilities are "unconfirmed, unsubscribed, active" - so if I choose "unconfirmed" the automation changes the subsriber status to unconfirmed wheter the subscriber was in my email list before or not. Same for "active" but vise versa. Is there a possibility to solve this?

The main problem is, I have is that no double optin email is sent to new subscribers.

I also have a automation for activecampaign and in this its working pefectly.
Thanks for your help.

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @Sophieja23

Regarding your concern to pass the Status from the Mailerlites' action step then you may map the states statically by toggling the map button.

1672311762857.png

Hi,
but if I activate the map button I will have to select a corresponding field?? But there is no such field. Or does it work without selecting a field?
Thanks for your help.

You can instead manually type the status in the field which is available in your Mailerlite account.
Hi, thanks. But I do not really understand 😅 The status is a variable - some subscribers are new and other are already in my list. What is the difference to the workflow with activecampaign? With activecampaign the double optin for new subscribers work and subscribers which are already in my list are being updated.

Hi, sure:
here in Germany we need double optin for legal reasons. Subscribers who are not on my list already, should get an email to confirm their subscribtion. But with this automation the double optin process does not work, although its activated within mailerlite.

Hi,
sorry for the late reply. I also contacted mailerlite and they answered that it has first to be checked if a subsriber exists or not.

Is there a rule or something which I could add which triggers what should happen:

If subscriber exists - do that
If subscriber does not exist - do that

Thanks for your help.
Sophie

Could you please explain what you are looking for now by your above message?
The automation I have at the moment only updates a status of a subscriber - to active, unsubscribed or unconfirmed. And it does not check, if it is already an active subscriber. So already active subscribers are getting "unsubscribed or unconfirmed" which is not what I want. But in this automation I only have the possibility to update the status, which is not what I want or need. I need this:

- someone books an appointment via tucalendi
- filter: only continiue if the person checked the box "Yes, I want a newsletter" (this is working)

and then the problem starts. If I add the action "mailerlite" "create or update subscriber" I must choose a status (active, unconfirmend, unsubscribed). So everyone who signs up gets this status - whether he was in the list before or not. That makes no sense. I don't want active subscribers unconfirmed and vice versa. Therefore I wonder if there is a rule which I could use. Something like this:

- check if email address already exists - then do this (for example adding to a group)
- if not - do this

I used ActiveCampaign in the past and with AC the action with create or update subscriber worked fine. I already contacted mailerlite - but for now I need a workaround for this.

Thanks. Sophie

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @Sophieja23

and then the problem starts. If I add the action "mailerlite" "create or update subscriber" I must choose a status (active, unconfirmend, unsubscribed). So everyone who signs up gets this status - whether he was in the list before or not. That makes no sense. I don't want active subscribers unconfirmed and vice versa. Therefore I wonder if there is a rule which I could use. Something like this:

- check if email address already exists - then do this (for example adding to a group)
- if not - do this
Regarding your concern to achieve such a condition, you can use the "MailerLite: Search Subscriber" action step in your workflow to check the existence of the Subscriber in your MailerLite action step.

2023-01-11_17h23_44.png

Ok, and this followed by a filter
screenshot-connect.pabbly.com-2023.01.11-13_41_49.png

But there is a part missing - I also need a rule or filter if an email does not exists. It must be something with if... then...

Supreme

Staff member
But there is a part missing - I also need a rule or filter if an email does not exists. It must be something with if... then...
For that, you can use the Router action step for establishing the filter condition for if-else.

Kindly give it a try and let us know if you get stuck at any step.

Hi thanks so much, this should be working as a workaround.

Well, I have to go back to my original problem, which is, that for new subscribers there is no double optin triggered in mailerlite. So I contacted them and they investigated the issue. Today I got this answer:

"After investigating this, it looks like the issue is with the way the Pabbly integration is adding subscribers. For example:
pasted image 0.png

Since it's an integration, the "subscribed via" in the subscriber's profile should say "API", not "manual". So in this case, it's an issue with the integration and you would need to contact them directly as they are the developers of the integration."

I hope, this information is helpful and you could solve this issue as double optin is a big deal in the european area. Please let me know if you need further information from mailerlite.

Thanks a lot. Sophie

Hi, I contacted mailerlite again concerning DOI - which is not triggered. They answerd me:

"Kindly let them know it should be "Unconfirmed" however, please inform them that the main issue is how the subscribers are being added. So regardless if they set it as "unconfirmed" but if the subscribers are still being deleted as added 'manually', the DOI would still not be sent out. So the main thing they need to check is how they are being added and make sure that they indicate it's being added via "API"."

I only could forward their answers to you. Maybe it does more sense if the technical teams will communicate with each other? This is a fundamental problem which does not only affect me.

Thanks, Sophie

Wojtek

Hello,
I have a similar problem. Subscribers are added to the list in mailer lite, but no confirmation email is being sent. The subscriber is also described as "subscribed via: manual", not "via:API".
Have you found a solution? I am testing various automating services. Pabbly connect looks fine, but works improperly so far. Should I stay? ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.