• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Why are workflows being duplicated and wasting tasks?

se yung

Your Task History ID
IjU3NjAwNTZkMDYzNjA0Mzc1MjZhNTUzNDUxMzQ1MTYzNTQzNiI_3D_pc
Hello,

Why are workflows being duplicated and wasting tasks?

The workflow continues to proceed in duplicate as shown in the photo below.

What is causing this?

How can I fix it?

1679035813708.png

P

PabblyMember4

Hey @se yung

It could be possible that you might have copied the webhook link from Pabbly Connet and pasted it twice in the Formaloo app. Please delete the extra webhook link from the app and then test the scenario and let me know.

Thanks
Kunal

Supreme

Staff member
You can check it through a webbooks testing site called webhook.site.

You can copy the webhook URL provided by Webhook.site inside Formaloo and do the test event inside Formaloo to see if the webhook is being come twice or not inside Webhook.site. This will double-confirm the issue.

Here is a sample video that you can follow to track the webhook issue:

se yung

You can check it through a webbooks testing site called webhook.site.

You can copy the webhook URL provided by Webhook.site inside Formaloo and do the test event inside Formaloo to see if the webhook is being come twice or not inside Webhook.site. This will double-confirm the issue.

Here is a sample video that you can follow to track the webhook issue:

Hey @se yung

It could be possible that you might have copied the webhook link from Pabbly Connet and pasted it twice in the Formaloo app. Please delete the extra webhook link from the app and then test the scenario and let me know.

Thanks
Kunal

Hello,

I checked and the webhook is not getting 2 signals as you said.
Only one signal is coming in as normal.
Nevertheless, Pabbly is still performing the task twice.

Here is the link to the webhook site that I checked.

Please see the screen recording below.

Supreme

Staff member
Can you please try cloning your workflow once and then configure the webhook URL in your Fromaloo account?

se yung

Can you please try cloning your workflow once and then configure the webhook URL in your Fromaloo account?

I'm not sure what you mean by duplicating the workflow and reconfiguring the webhooks.

Do you mean to change the webhook URL in Formaloo?

Supreme

Staff member
I'm not sure what you mean by duplicating the workflow and reconfiguring the webhooks.
Please check the screenshot and clone the workflow then configure the webhook URL in your Formaloo account accordingly.

1679313459598.png

se yung

Please check the screenshot and clone the workflow then configure the webhook URL in your Formaloo account accordingly.

View attachment 23362
You're telling me to put the webhook URL link of the copied workflow into Formaloo, right?

And then deactivate the original workflow and clear the webhook URL of the original workflow in Formaloo, right?

Last edited:

Supreme

Staff member
You're telling me to put the webhook URL link of the copied workflow into Formaloo, right?

And then deactivate the original workflow and clear the webhook URL of the original workflow in Formaloo, right?
Yes, please configure the cloned workflows' URL once and then deactivate the workflow that created multiple webhook responses and the webhook URL.

se yung

Yes, please configure the cloned workflows' URL once and then deactivate the workflow that created multiple webhook responses and the webhook URL.
I just want to ask one more thing before I run this.
Because I'm currently taking on customers with this workflow, so I want to be careful.

It's not always the case that the same task is duplicated twice in that workflow.
It's like 30% of the work.

In that case, does it still make sense to test in the way that you talked about above?

Supreme

Staff member
It's not always the case that the same task is duplicated twice in that workflow.
It's like 30% of the work.
As we have already stated that the trigger event is a webhook-based trigger event that only captures the data sent by the application.

So, please check once that the application is sending the data twice or incomplete from their end and if the trigger response is coming with the same response but with different Ids then you can use the filter action step after the trigger event to avoid processing the data.

UrsulaLJ

I have the same issue. I think this is a Pabbly issue and not a user configuration issue.
My workflows worked perfectly last month, executed only once at each triggers, now they are duplicated without me ever changing anything on the implementation.
Even Pabbly Manager task limit notifications are duplicated multiple times, please fix this.

GloriaDeo

Hi,

I am also getting issues with a workflow triggering twice. I have a Clio (New Matter) -> Google Drive (New Folder) -> Trello (New Card). It looks configured correctly. However, it's duplicating folders in Google Drive and cards in Trello. Also, some cards in Trello are missing information such as the name of the card, which is mapped to the matter name in Clio, which is most definitely there.

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @GloriaDeo

It seems like you might have pressed the "Save & Send Test" button multiple time and because of that it has created numerous webhook requests in your Clio account and you are getting the same data twice.

1684390276958.png

So, as a solution, we recommend creating a new workflow or cloning the same workflow and then configuring the trigger event once only.