• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

500 Internal Server Error

Praveen

Please tell me why I am getting this error sometimes:

1644856829281.png

Here is the step where this occurred in the workflow:

1644857152151.png

1644857187000.png

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @Praveen

We are currently looking into it, please allow us some time. Since we are constantly monitoring your concern.

Though you can re-execute your failed task once.

Praveen

@Supreme What options do we have when a task fails?

Can I have the workflow just stop (and not proceed further) if this happens?

Can I direct the workflow to a different route following a failed task?

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @Praveen

You can use the filter action step in your workflow where if the error occurs in the response it will not move further.

2022-02-16_11h24_28.png

Praveen

@Supreme Sorry, I’m a little confused. Are you suggesting that I add this filter after every action?

Otherwise it’s not much use because the error can occur at any action.

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @Praveen
’m a little confused. Are you suggesting that I add this filter after every action?

Otherwise it’s not much use because the error can occur at any action.

Currently turning off the execution feature of the workflow if the error occurs is not available on the platform.

And that's why we have suggested you add a filter action step after the action step.

Praveen

@Supreme

You are suggesting that I double the number of actions for all my workflows to stop them if there is an internal error from Pabbly Connect. So if I have 50 steps, I have to add another 50 steps to check there is no internal error at each step. And I have to do this for every workflow that I set up. Otherwise the results of the workflow will be unpredictable because the proper data is not passed to the next step.

While this maybe the only solution currently, I hope you realize it’s not practical.

Supreme

Staff member
@Supreme

You are suggesting that I double the number of actions for all my workflows to stop them if there is an internal error from Pabbly Connect. So if I have 50 steps, I have to add another 50 steps to check there is no internal error at each step. And I have to do this for every workflow that I set up. Otherwise the results of the workflow will be unpredictable because the proper data is not passed to the next step.

While this maybe the only solution currently, I hope you realize it’s not practical.
I completely understand your point and I have already share about this case with the product team. They should look into this and hopefully in near future we might come up with some feature around this

As a workaround for now, you can can use the filter step for that.

Thanks for your understanding!

Praveen

@Supreme As I stated in the fb post:

The ideal solution is to be able to set the default option for each new workflow whether to stop or continue the workflow following an error. Then have a toggle for each workflow to override the default should it be necessary for a particular workflow.

Supreme

Staff member
@Supreme As I stated in the fb post:

The ideal solution is to be able to set the default option for each new workflow whether to stop or continue the workflow following an error. Then have a toggle for each workflow to override the default should it be necessary for a particular workflow.
Thanks for your valuable feedback. I'll share with the product team and shall notify you when we plan to come up with some feature around it.