• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

App -> Pabbly -> Discord embed message

krusher

Hi,

i'm trying to build an app -> pabbly -> discord embed message via webhooks, but cant get messages to show up as embeds in discord..

I've used embed visualizer (https://leovoel.github.io/embed-visualizer/) to get the code and used a Custom Request (Webhooks) POST action on pabbly to send it over to discord as an embed but it doesnt work.
i only receive content part of the message, but not the embed part.

How can this be fixed? please help

Last edited by a moderator:

krusher

Hi, Thanks for the response. i've spent about 5-6 hours and after a lot of trial & error tries finally figured out a structure that works for discord embed message webhooks, thats why it is showing up :)

For anyone else in the community scrolling through similar webhook issues - it has to do with the way you structure DATA fields

@Supreme, could you please remove that screenshot, it contains sensitive info

Romain

@krusher Can you share some details of how you got this to work?
I'm a few hours in and can't figure this out.

The embed I'm wanting is not complex, but I'm trying to get a title, footer and a color for the left border with data extracted from email parser somewhere in between.

I'd really appreciate any info you can share on this.

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @Romain

The user might have used the API by Pabbly action step to perform the embedded operation.

You can refer to the following screenshot on the sample -

1683784188457.png

{ "embeds": [ { "title": "trdttt", "url": "www.pabbly.com", "color": 1, "footer": { "icon_url": "www.pabbly.com", "text": "test" }, "author": { "name": "Test", "icon_url": "https://sample-videos.com/img/Sample-jpg-image-100kb.jpg" }, "fields": [ { "name": "Status", "value": " 1. Status : Ok" }, { "name": "Ok test sample", "value": "5dsfsdf4s5df4s" }, { "name": "Test7458", "value": " 87s8df8sd4f89sd4f8sd4fsd" }, { "name": "From", "value": "sdf8sd4f8sd4f8sd4f8sd4f8dsf" }, { "name": "To", "value": "sd5f4sdf48s5df8sdf4s8df48sdf4s" }, { "name": "7e1f8se", "value": "787484", "inline": true }, { "name": "ds78fsd7f84e", "value": "test74558", "inline": true } ] } ] }

Further, we recommend you contact an automation expert who can create and manage such JSON as per your need.

T.X

I'm sure by now people have figured it out but in case you haven't:
  • Use Discohook to create your JSON template, usually this tool is for manually sending, it's community driven and updated regularly, even Discord discuss it. Here we cn take it one step further and automate it with Pabbly Connect.
  • Once you've formatted your visual template grab the data from the JSON Data Editor button near the bottom of the page
  • In Pabbly as mentioned above create the following from the API process:
    • Custom Event
    • Post Method
    • Connect discord webhook
    • JSON payload with no api wrap
    • no auth
  • You can now paste your Data from Discohook and start replacing your template fields with whatever input data you're working with.

Be sure to put your data within the fields quotations

{
"content": null,
"embeds": [
{
"title": "TITLE",
"description": "DECSCRPT",
"url": " ",

I just created the dummy text within Discohook to log the templates, maybe it easier to understand later.

Last edited: