• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Can I send all data from one workflow to another, and then back to the original workflow?

I see "Data Forwarder in Pabbly Connect" that allows you to move data from one workflow to another.

I also see the "Return Workflow Response to Source" option, and wondering if I am able to use this to trigger from Workflow A to Workflow B and then back to Workflow A to continue 2 more steps?

Primary goal is for midway of Workflow A it then pushes to Workflow B, after Workflow B is complete it then goes back to Workflow A to continue the step by step process.

Example scenario:
- Trigger is Email Parser in Workflow A
- Step send to Workflow B
- Workflow B then separates data and then sends it back to Workflow A
- Workflow A continues to then add to parsed data to CRM account

For reference, my scenario does not allow me to parse email for Workflow A so i need separate Workflow B to do what i need and then come back to push data into a specific CRM account.

Supreme

Staff member
I also see the "Return Workflow Response to Source" option, and wondering if I am able to use this to trigger from Workflow A to Workflow B and then back to Workflow A to continue 2 more steps?
Yes, you can use the "Return Workflow Response to Source" option to trigger Workflow B from Workflow A and then return to Workflow A to continue the remaining steps. This can be achieved with the help of the Data Transformer Forward webhook response action step.

I have tried and cannot get it to work.

Workflow A
- Step 1: captures data from email parser email
- Step 2: Data Forward "Custom Data" to Workflow B

Workflow B
- Step 1: Webhook Capture
- Step 2: Random Step
- Step 3: Data Forward "Return Workflow Response to Source" (Workflow A)

Questions
- Is this the right process?
- "Return Workflow Response to Source" is JSON, so how do I get all the details back?
- How does Workflow A now capture Workflow B response?...

Subin

Staff member
Hey @Automated Marketer !

Kindly use the API by Pabbly step in the 1st workflow to send data to the second workflow-

1722246625760.png

In the second workflow use the last step as shown below to received source in the first workflow-

1722246684609.png

This should work for you.

Do check and let us know about it.

I see. I used the API in workflow 1 and was able to send the data to Workflow 2.

Workflow 2 is executed and the end i added the "Return Custom Response to the Source".

Now im lost on where the data goes when its returned. Where in Workflow 1 do i see or get the response from Workflow 2?

Also side question, how much can one workflow handle at one time? I would be sending 100's here so my question for example is can one workflow with 25 tasks inside handle 10,000 leads coming through it each month or what is my limitation here?

Attachments

• pabbly workflow to workflow.png
    pabbly workflow to workflow.png
    186.3 KB · Views: 16

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @Automated Marketer

Regarding your question about workflow capacity, Pabbly Connect is designed to handle significant volumes of data. Each workflow can include up to 25 tasks, and its performance can handle large numbers of leads. For example, a workflow with 25 tasks can efficiently process thousands of leads monthly.

If you anticipate processing tens of thousands of leads per month, it is crucial to monitor API usage limits on both Pabbly Connect and your integrated applications.

>monitor API usage limits on both Pabbly Connect
Not sure what you mean by this. My integrations are fine, but do not understand what by on Pabbly connect? I am sending 1000s month into a workflow via API from another pabbly workflow and then back. Can you clarify how to do / check what your asking on pabbly connect?

Also, any update on the workflow from my previous question?

Supreme

Staff member
Not sure what you mean by this. My integrations are fine, but do not understand what by on Pabbly connect? I am sending 1000s month into a workflow via API from another pabbly workflow and then back. Can you clarify how to do / check what your asking on pabbly connect?

Also, any update on the workflow from my previous question?
Please clarify your issue with the automation process, specifically at which point you encounter difficulties when returning webhook data to the source.

When i test the workflow it states it did successfully send back to Workflow A.

My question is where is it in Workflow A that I can pull from?

Workflow B seems to work fine, but Workflow A i cannot find the Response from Workflow B.

Back in Workflow A after Workflow B (Send back to Source) is completed, simply shows "Success" and "Accepted" but nothing regarding the response from Workflow B Source Return.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-08-05 101148.png
    Screenshot 2024-08-05 101148.png
    55.7 KB · Views: 12
Workflow A -> Workflow B -> Back to Workflow A

The goal is to capture the returned fields back to Workflow A from B so i can continue my steps in Workflow A from the data i pulled out from Workflow B. Was told that earlier in this support thread.

Supreme

Staff member
As the source of your inner process is another workflow, it won't proceed to the source of the outer workflow. After that, it will be void. Since the linked process is required for the "Data Fowarder with a return back to the source," action step, only that workflow can be used to send back the data.

And it doesn't seem possible to revert the custom data to another source.

Im sorry, im confused. You yourself stated on July 19, 24 in this thread that this was possible from API in Workflow A to Workflow B and back.

Maybe im misunderstanding if i setup this up wrong or not.

So to be clear I cannot use an API in Workflow A to send to Workflow B then send back to Workflow A using Webhook Return to Source"?

If not, how can i get data in Workflow A to B and then Back for continued steps in A?

Luv

Staff member
Hey @Automated Marketer

Simply put, a single workflow cannot have two triggers. If workflow "A" is triggered by application "1," it cannot be triggered by workflow "B," which would be a different source.

You can send data from workflow "A" to workflow "B," but not the same data back.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Hey @Luv,

Thats exactly what im trying to do.. I do NOT want Workflow B to trigger workflow A again. I just want workflow B to send data back to Workflow A at the Step of which i sent Workflow A to B.

So Workflow A
- Step 1 Trigger (Email Parser inbound email)
- Step 2 API -> Workflow B
- Step 3 : Workflow B Response Back
- Step 4: Continued...

Workflow B
- Step 1: Webhook Catch (From Api in Step 2 in Workflow A)
- Step 2 - 9: Pull Data Out of Workflow A (Email Parser email)
- Last Step: "Return Custom Response to the Source"

So at this point Im lost on how to get the response from Workflow B back into Workflow A to Continue Step 4+ in Workflow A.

This is the simplest i can put it..

PS Parsing data from Workflow A is not an option. I will have multiple emails from different workflows go into the same Workflow B and want the response to be sent back to the original workflow Step like this above that i laid out.

Please read the thread. I already do that and need Workflow B to return the data back to Workflow A. Problem is i do not know where to see the data in when returned to Workflow A (Same workflow that Pabbly API action step was used).

How do i see the returned data from workflow b inside Workflow A?