• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Character encoding problem for scandinavian with Gmail

evohealth

Hi! I'm a new user testing Pabbly hoping to migrate from Zapier.

I ran into a problem with Pabbly sending emails with Gmail.

I the email subject I cant write scandinavian letters Å, Ä, Ö (A with a ring, A with two dots and O with two dots) Å, Ä, Ö

Code:
HTML Å Ä Ö

(Html dosen't work in titles, just added it so you can see the caracters correctly)

Attachments

• Skärmavbild 2021-10-09 kl. 08.50.28.png
    Skärmavbild 2021-10-09 kl. 08.50.28.png
    2.2 KB · Views: 79
  • Skärmavbild 2021-10-09 kl. 08.53.20.png
    Skärmavbild 2021-10-09 kl. 08.53.20.png
    2.6 KB · Views: 53

Pabbly

Administrator
Staff member
Hi! I'm a new user testing Pabbly hoping to migrate from Zapier.

I ran into a problem with Pabbly sending emails with Gmail.

I the email subject I cant write scandinavian letters Å, Ä, Ö (A with a ring, A with two dots and O with two dots) Å, Ä, Ö

Code:
HTML Å Ä Ö

(Html dosen't work in titles, just added it so you can see the caracters correctly)
Here's the workaround for the same. Please check it - https://forum.pabbly.com/threads/gmail-translate-general-language-characters.179/

evohealth

Thank you for your fast response! It seems that the builder has been slightly updated since that post. I got it working but more step by step instructions and an explanation of what it does would help.

As I understand it this transformer changes insert data to UTF-8?

The name entered would be the Recipient Name (it only says name)

Skärmavbild 2021-10-10 kl. 08.26.06.png
Skärmavbild 2021-10-10 kl. 08.26.36.png

The above worked

At first the Search & map didn't show the transformer but I could find it by searching =. I could replicate this when creating a new Data transformer
Skärmavbild 2021-10-10 kl. 08.58.24.png

Skärmavbild 2021-10-10 kl. 09.00.43.png