• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Create or Update Salesforce Contact

Hi All,

I'm trying to figure out how to create or update a Salesforce contact when a new Customer is created in Shopify. It doesn't look like there's an option for that, so I'm trying to build something. If there's a better way, please point me in the right direction. (Maybe I should forget about the update and just have a filter to create contact if nothing is found instead?)

It's easy enough to trigger with Shopify: Customer Create.

Then I do a Salesforce: Search. This is fine when there is already a contact. I get a "SearchRecords 0 Id" that I can map into the Route. But when there isn't a contact that "SearchRecords 0 Id" field disappears. What's the right way to handle this?

I've created 2 Routes but they are failing on the "save & send test request" step, with the following errors:

1) Create Contact (if field "SearchRecords 0 Id" is empty)

0 Message: Cannot deserialize instance of double from VALUE_STRING value last or request may be missing a required field at [line:1, column:204]
0 ErrorCode: JSON_PARSER_ERROR

2) Update Contact (if field "SearchRecords 0 Id" is not empty)

HTTP Status Code: 204
Message: The application processed the request but returned a blank response. Refer to the HTTP status code above for details.

I also created a new customer in Shopify to see if it would be created in Salesforce, but despite the run showing as success in history, the contact was not updated.

What do you think?

Last edited:

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @iRestAdmin

Based on our analysis of your workflow, it appears that within the "create contact" action step, you input text into a field meant for numerical data. This misalignment in data types may have resulted in the action step's suboptimal performance.

1695717045564.png

Hey @iRestAdmin

Based on our analysis of your workflow, it appears that within the "create contact" action step, you input text into a field meant for numerical data. This misalignment in data types may have resulted in the action step's suboptimal performance.

View attachment 32015

Thanks for fixing that, Supreme. I must have been a little too impatient when setting up the Lastname field (I remember it jumping to a different field, but didn't notice the text got added). I'll wait a little longer in future to let things load properly.

The Create Contact part of that Workflow is working great now. However, the Update Contact part is not working. Can you look into this task history? https://connect.pabbly.com/task/his...=IjU3NjUwNTZmMDYzMDA0MzI1MjY5NTUzMjUxMzAi_pc#

Supreme

Staff member
As we can see from your latest history log of Update Contact it appears that the action step is working accordingly.

1695808601559.png