• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

default value as input to line itemizer

Your Task History ID
IjU3NjEwNTZhMDYzNDA0Mzc1MjY5NTUzMDUxMzc1MTY0NTQzNiI_3D_pc
Hello,

I have a workflow where I write new rows to a google sheet when a woocommerce order is created / updated. Part of that workflow involves passing the woocommerce tax lines info through an line itemizer.

The challenge I'm facing is there are some instances where an order is placed where no tax is applied at all. When this happens the tax lines are not sent to pabbly and the line itemizer that is using that info fails, creating in a cascade of failures that results in a half baked workflow. I want to somehow create a "default value" as an input to the line itemizer. However from testing it seems like the inputs to a line itemizer must be from a trigger. I have been unsuccessful manfully creating something the line itemizer would accept, even copying the exact text from a working line item array does not work.

I realize i can create default values for all the outputs of the line itemizer but that seems inefficient as there may be many lines coming out of the itemizer. it also results in all workflows being labeled as partially failed, even if the downstream default values work properly and the workflow technically was successful..

Any advice or workaround?

Thank you!

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @Petram PVC

Can you please record a short video on your concern about how you are trying to pass the Tax data field in your workflow?

hello,

Thanks for your reply!

My apoligies, I don't think I was clear on what I was asking. I will rephrase:

What can I do to prevent the workflow from failing if the input to a line itemizer is missing from the trigger?

Thank you,

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @Petram PVC

You can use the Filter action step after the trigger event to check if any entity from your trigger response is not coming and needs to stop.