• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

[FIXED] Move Folders within a Google's Shared Drive

Your Task History ID
IjU3NjAwNTZiMDYzZjA0MzY1MjY5NTUzNzUxM2I1MTY0NTQzNyI_3D_pc
Updated module: Google Drive : Move a Folder

We're happy to inform you that you can now move folders within a Google's Shared Drive using the Pabbly module. With this new feature, you can easily move folders between locations, saving you time and effort.

To move a folder using Pabbly, simply choose the folder you want to move, or map his ID, insert the old parent ID in the dedicated field and choose or map the folder you want to move it to.
Pabbly will then automate the process of moving the folder to its new location.
As you may be aware, Google Shared drives allow a folder to have only one parent. Therefore, when using the Pabbly module to move a folder into another folder, it is crucial to insert the old parent ID in the dedicated field.
By using Pabbly to move folders within a Shared Drive, you can streamline your workflow and reduce the risk of errors.

ISSUE FIXED 20230622

Hi all,
I need your help.

Premises:
I have all the required premission and roles to move files and folders in the targer Shared Drive and across drives.
Issue:
Now, the problem is that when I try to use the Google Drive : Move a folder module, it can't find the target folder.
You can see here that the folder exists, although you can't access it, but I can.
I've been googling but all I could find is an old answer from 2018: https://stackoverflow.com/questions...ed-drive-team-drive-folders-using-apps-script
We make heavy usage of shared drives, so to move everything to a user drive isn't really an option.
Thank you guys for your great work!

Last edited:

Arshita

Staff member
Hey @BusinessOnSteroids

I kindly request you to use the following action event once to locate a folder or a file. Please check if you are able to locate the folder using the provided action event.

2023-06-12_18h12_41.png

Once done, please let me know.

Arshita

Staff member
Hey @BusinessOnSteroids

As I can check from your workflow, it appears that you are using the incorrect action event to move a file to a folder.

Instead of selecting the "Move a Folder" action event, you should choose the "Move a File" action event. This will allow you to move a specific file into the desired folder.

If your intention is to move a folder into another folder, please use the "Search a Folder" action event first to locate the folder you wish to move, and then continue with mapping the appropriate folder.

Please make the necessary changes in your workflow, and if you face any further issues please let me know.

2023-06-14_16h43_52.png

My intention is to move a folder into another folder. So I used the "Search a Folder" action event first to locate the folder that I wish to move, and then I continue with mapping the appropriate folder.
You can see here that the folder exists, although you can't access it, but I can.
The problem is that it doesn't find the destination folder.
"File not found: 1qFEgOB4fCGZGLytZWqMVsoN2oGQbeXgV."
Here's the proof that it exists and can be accessed:
Thank you for dedicating your time to this matter.

Yes, It was in the workflow earlier today.
Anyway, here are the names:
Destination folder: "OFFICIAL NEWS"
Folder I want to move: "FOLDER_TO_BE_MOVED"

Thank you very much.

Arshita

Staff member
Please allow us some time to check your concern with our technical team. We will get back to you soon.

Arshita

Staff member
Hey @BusinessOnSteroids

I apologize for the inconvenience caused.
In order to assist you better, could you please record a video where you navigate through both folders that it is existing in Google drive?

Arshita

Staff member
Hey @BusinessOnSteroids

We have escalated your concern to our technical team for further investigation.
Although we tested from our end and it was successfully moving the folder.

Our technical team is currently working on resolving this matter. We will get back to you soon with an update.

Thank you.
First of all: fileId and parentId were swapped.
'FOLDER_TO_BE_MOVED' must go INTO 'OFFICIAL NEWS' and not the other way. I thought It was clear enough.
I swapped them back anyway.
Let's continue with your debug.
Here's what you requested:

Request:
fileId = "1PDEb7kNTnRAbE3CZO6GsebmcBi7s9Gt3";
addParents="1qFEgOB4fCGZGLytZWqMVsoN2oGQbeXgV";

Answer:
JSON:
{
  "error": {
    "code": 404,
    "message": "File not found: 1qFEgOB4fCGZGLytZWqMVsoN2oGQbeXgV.",
    "errors": [
      {
        "message": "File not found: 1qFEgOB4fCGZGLytZWqMVsoN2oGQbeXgV.",
        "domain": "global",
        "reason": "notFound",
        "location": "fileId",
        "locationType": "parameter"
      }
    ]
  }
}
Which is wrong for two reasons:
  1. Shared drives are not supported without supportsAllDrives=true;
  2. Shared drives allow only one parent for each file;
So I switched supportsAllDrives=true:

Request:
supportsAllDrives=true;

And here is the error:

Answer:
JSON:
{
  "error": {
    "code": 403,
    "message": "A shared drive item must have exactly one parent.",
    "errors": [
      {
        "message": "A shared drive item must have exactly one parent.",
        "domain": "global",
        "reason": "teamDrivesParentLimit"
      }
    ]
  }
}

Then I've finally added the parameter removeParents="0AE0b5ELRwvKVUk9PVA"
It returns 200 and IT WORKS for me, which means that the folder was indeed moved.

Request:
supportsAllDrives=true;
removeParents="0AE0b5ELRwvKVUk9PVA"

Answer:
JSON:
{
  "kind": "drive#file",
  "id": "1PDEb7kNTnRAbE3CZO6GsebmcBi7s9Gt3",
  "name": "FOLDER_TO_BE_MOVED",
  "mimeType": "application/vnd.google-apps.folder",
  "teamDriveId": "0AE0b5ELRwvKVUk9PVA",
  "driveId": "0AE0b5ELRwvKVUk9PVA"
}

URL: https://developers.google.com/drive/...%22resource%22%3A%7B%7D%7D

Last edited:

Arshita

Staff member
I really apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

I request you to please try again as I have corrected it and please let me know if you are still facing the same issue.

Hi @Arshita,
I'm thrilled to share the news with you! Your fix worked like a charm, and I'm now able to continue my work smoothly.
Thank you so much for resolving the issue, which turned out to be way more challenging than initially anticipated!

On that note, I have an exciting idea. Since the updates to Google Drive's module have proven to be a game-changer, would it be possible for me to create a post explaining the updates and how the new version functions? I believe it would be beneficial for other users to learn about these enhancements.

Once again, I can't express enough how grateful I am for your intervention and for getting everything back on track. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Arshita

Staff member
I'm absolutely delighted to hear that the issue is fixed now.

Could you please let me know where you wish to create a post explaining the updates and how the new version functions?

Arshita

Staff member
I apologize for the inconvenience, but you do not have admin access to create a post on the forum. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide you with admin access at this time.

However, if you would like to share your content with us, we would be happy to assist you by posting it on the forum on your behalf.

I apologize for the inconvenience, but you do not have admin access to create a post on the forum. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide you with admin access at this time.

However, if you would like to share your content with us, we would be happy to assist you by posting it on the forum on your behalf.
I'll certainly share It with you when It's ready. Thank you