• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

[FIXED] Move Folders within a Google's Shared Drive

lohith

@BusinessOnSteroids Hey,

Am facing the same issue and understood that I had to remove the existing parent ID and add new parent ID ( the new folder to which it has to be moved)

Wondering how were you able to pull this off?

Could you please help me out ?

Hi @Iohit,
you can get the parent's ID from the "Parents 0" field in the response of "Get file or folder by ID".
1687734397858.png

Please like the post if I answered your question or feel free to ask more.

lohith

I tried using this developer link and as per your instructions is subsequent reply by adding the new parent id in add parent and adding the existing parent id in remove parent field and it worked like a charm in that developers environment. Wondering how did you implement this in pabbly workflow ?

Arshita

Staff member
Hello @lohith

I'm glad to hear that you were able to successfully implement the solution in the developer's environment using the provided link and instructions.
Regarding the implementation in the Pabbly workflow, we follow a similar approach. In Pabbly, you can use the relevant actions and fields to add and remove parent IDs as needed.

@Iohit,
I apologize if i misunderstood your request. You can use the following module in pabbly connect to move the desired folder into another: Google Drive - Move a Folder.
1687779670376.png