• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Google Contacts and GHL. Auto Assign to a User

houtan

Looking for a solution which would allow me to upload contacts and have it auto assigned to a user in GHL either via Tags or a different solution....

I have 3 users that need to be able to synch their contacts from Google Contacts with GHL but needs to be assigned to them automatically since their GHL permission setting has the "Only assigned data" turned on.

Found this thread but not much help https://forum.pabbly.com/threads/ad...ew-contact-if-exists-in-current-record.19273/

houtan

I have connected my Pabbly to GHL (Google Contacts) I want the sync to assign uploaded contacts to a specific user in GHL and not remain unassigned in GHL.

as an example
  • Google Contacts User XXX --> syncs to GHL via Pabbly get's assigned to User XXX in GHL
  • Google Contacts User XYZ --> syncs to GHL via Pabbly get's assigned to User XYZ in GHL
  • Google Contacts User ABC --> syncs to GHL via Pabbly get's assigned to User ABC in GHL

Supreme

Staff member
Are you trying to assign the Google Contact use to GHL in a round-robin fashion? Please explain the situation.

houtan

Are you trying to assign the Google Contact use to GHL in a round-robin fashion? Please explain the situation.

Not Round Robin - I have my own Contacts in my Google Contacts - When uploaded in GHL, I want it to be assigned only to me. each user should have their uploaded/synced contacts only assigned to themselves in GHL.

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @houtan

I cannot find any field in GHL while creating or Updating the contact but if you create the opportunity in GHL you can actually assign that to the user from your GHL.

1706703999803.png

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @houtan

I am afraid to say a that we cannot see any assignee field in Create or Update Contact API from GHL API reference. So your usecase doesnt seems possible.

1706786499753.png

houtan

Hey @houtan

I am afraid to say a that we cannot see any assignee field in Create or Update Contact API from GHL API reference. So your usecase doesnt seems possible.

View attachment 37510
Thanks for sharing, wouldn't we be able to add the "User" field?

Attachments

• 2024-02-01_17-57-35.png
    2024-02-01_17-57-35.png
    94.1 KB · Views: 14

Supreme

Staff member
We are currently looking into the API reference and we might find an option to add the assignee field in the Create Contact action step as per your concern.

Once we add the option to add the user to its contact in the action step we will let you know.