• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Google Drive > Create/Move a Spreadsheet : Advice?

peter

1. Google Drive > Create/Move a Spreadsheet

I'm trying to do this workflow:
1. Trigger: Form Submission
2. Action: Google Sheets : Copy a Spreadsheet [this has 10 sheets]
3. Action: Google Sheets : Move Spreadsheet to Folder

The closest current actions for seems to be:
1. Trigger: Form Submission
2. Google Sheets : Create a Spreadsheet
3. Google Sheets : Copy a Sheet [x10]
4. Google Drive : Move a File

Issues:
I have to create 10 steps for "3. Google Sheets : Copy a Sheet"
> Instead of copying x times, there should be a simpler way to do this.
It creates a tabs named "Copy of" [Sheet Name]
> There is no option to rename the tabs

Possible Solution:
Implement:
Action: Google Sheets : Copy a Spreadsheet
OR
Action: Google Sheets : Copy a File

2. Google Drive : Move a File
I'm trying to map the "File" and "Folder" fields to the spreadsheet, but it's not clear what I need to select
> File
I've tried entering "spreadsheetid" or the "properties > title", but it does not move the file.
move1.jpg

> Folder
I've tried entering "id" or the "name", but it does not move the file.

move-folder.jpg

Any ideas welcome.

Thanks!

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @peter,

Issues:
I have to create 10 steps for "3. Google Sheets : Copy a Sheet"
> Instead of copying x times, there should be a simpler way to do this.

In Google Sheets Action, you will found "Copy a Spreadsheet", you can use that for copying the sheets.

2021-04-19_15h40_20.png

It creates a tab named "Copy of" [Sheet Name]
> There is no option to rename the tabs

For renaming, you have to do it manually.

Action: Google Sheets: Copy a File

If you have any document referred to this, please let us know, we will try to create it if it's possible.

I'm trying to map the "File" and "Folder" fields to the spreadsheet, but it's not clear what I need to select
> File

You can switch off the mapping button to select the file or folder from the dropdown.

2021-04-19_15h57_41.png

peter

Thanks Supreme for your answers (below in quotes):

Action: Google Sheets: Copy a File
"If you have any document referred to this, please let us know, we will try to create it if it's possible."

Please see:
Google Drive for Developers - Files: copy

Both Zapier and Integromat have Copy a File integrations.

> File

"You can switch off the mapping button to select the file or folder from the dropdown."

Switching off mapping only displays the default list of folders in Google Drive > "My Drive".
It does not display the required folder, which is dynamically created using Google Drive : Create a Sub Folder - Please see the 2nd image in the OP above.
There does not seem to be any Pabbly documentation to indicate which File or Folder (mapping) field options to choose:
> File: "spreadsheetid" or "properties > title"; do not seem to move the file.
> Folder: "id" or "name"; do not seem to move the file.

Any pointers appreciated!

Last edited:

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @peter

"" Action: Google Sheets: Copy a File
"If you have any document referred to this, please let us know, we will try to create it if it's possible."

Please see:
Google Drive for Developers - Files: copy ""

- You have shared Google Drive's Documentation and in Google Drive, we already have the endpoints which you have asked for.

> File

-
move-folder.jpg

Here is your "Google Drive Action" File fields please fill the File, not the spreadsheet_id.
Also, the file should present in your Drive.

Else, everything seems fine.

I hope this might help you.

peter

Thanks Supreme.
I have selected the right file (although this is not dynamically mapped).

> Folder
The Folder field has this text below it "Destination folder to move into. Keep clicking to drill down into child folders."
There is no way to drill down into folders using that drop-down.
Switching off mapping only displays the default list of folders in Google Drive > "My Drive".
So it can't display the required folder, which was dynamically created in the previous action: "Google Drive : Create a Sub Folder" - Please see the 2nd image in the first post above.

Solution
I found a solution. It was to use Action > "Google Drive : Get Sub Folders of a Folder", to get the Folder ID (before moving the file) :)

Please answer:
Does Pabbly have any documentation to indicate which File or Folder (mapping) field options to choose?

Last edited:

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @peter

That's great you have found the solution.

Just a suggestion -

You can also do that is map the folder id of the response which you are getting on Create Subfolder endpoint then on runtime folder ID will be updated dynamically. (We have created one clone app to demonstrate the flow )

Does Pabbly have any documentation to indicate which File or Folder (mapping) field options to choose?

Well, We currently can't provide the documentation, as it is under construction, so maybe in future, we can provide it.