• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

google group: get group id

Hi, I would like to add a member to google group. but i require a group key, which i do not have got. please can you assist me how to add one user as a member to a google group?

Workflow link: https://connect.pabbly.com/workflow/mapping/IjU3NjUwNTY1MDYzNDA0MzI1MjZhNTUzMzUxMzUi_pc

This is the action block i used.
1718976729676.png

P

Pabblymember11

Getting the "Resource Not Found: groupKey" error in Google Groups API means the API couldn't find the group you specified. Here's why:
  • Wrong group key: Double-check the email address or group ID you're using.
  • Missing group: The group might not exist at all.
  • Permission issues: Your account may not have access to that group.
  • API limitations: Free Gmail accounts can't manage groups with Admin Directory API.
To fix it:
  • Verify the group key.
  • Confirm the group exists.
  • Use an admin account with proper permissions.
  • Use the Groups API for free accounts (if applicable).

ArshilAhmad

Staff member

Luv

Staff member
Hey @shahidul islam pranto

Kindly make sure that you must have Google Groups for Business enabled for your domain and allow end users to create groups. See Turn Groups for Business ON or OFF and Set Groups for Business sharing options for more information. These steps require Google Workspace administrator access to your domain.
Also, you must have an assigned role that includes Admin API Groups permissions, such as Super Admin or Groups Admin.

Further, we need you to visit this link - https://developers.google.com/admin...s/list?apix_params={"customer":"my_customer"}

1719651295714.png

As you visit this, there will be a pop up on the right side. Kindly connect your account and execute the request and let us know the status code which is returned (For eg, 200, 500, etc.) Through which we can confirm if the issue is related to account permissions or not.

I did exactly what you said. I turned the group for business on for everyone, and I executed the api request in the above mentioned imaged. After executing, I got 400, bad request, see image

1719772649488.png

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
Since you are getting an error on the Google Workspace app console as well, we suggest that you get in touch with Workspace's support team to understand the exact reason why you are encountering this error.