• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Connect GoCardless recurring customers with Mailerlite Group

PURPOSE
My non-profit organisation offers recurring monthly 'donation' plans to support the local journalism we produce. We call this 'membership' and we want all 'members' paying monthly donations on GoCardless to be signed up to our Mailerlite mailing list and for them to be added to a group called Members so that we can send them special content.

So far I have successfully connected GoCardless with Pabby using a webhook endpoint in the GoCardless sandbox.

WORKFLOW 1

One of my donors signs up (*Q1) for any plan on GoCardless.
  • Customer is subscribed to my Mailerlite subscriber list and added to Mailerlite Group "Members"
  • If they are an existing Mailerlite subscriber, their record should be updated to be added to Group "Member".
  • If they were in Group "Former Member" they should be removed from Group "Former Member"
WORKFLOW 2 (***Q3)

Customer cancels (**Q2**) all their GoCardless subscriptions.
  • Customer is moved from Mailerlite Group "Member" to Group "Former Member"

QUESTIONS

*Q1. What is the correct trigger for a customer 'signing up'? Is it: payments > payed_out? or payments > confirmed? or subcription > confirmed? or mandates > mandate_created? To consider is that some customers have more than one subscription/mandate. Also, some payments fail because of low funds but then succeed when retried.
**Q2 . (?**) What is the correct trigger for 'cancelling'? subscription > cancelled? What if they have cancelled one subscription but still have another?
***Q3. Do I need to create two separate workflows, one for when a customer signs up and another for when a customer cancels?
Q4. How do I apply this workflow to existing customers? Or will it do that automatically?
Q5. I have 350 existing GoCardless customers but more subscriptions as some customers are on more than on plan. How do I make sure that when a customer cancels one of their subscriptions, but not another, they aren't moved into Mailerlite Group "Former Member". ?

Q6. A Pabbly agent sent me screenshots of what the Flow should look like. In the Pabbly Router it shows a Flow called "recurring payment" and "cancelled payment". I have connected Gardless with a webhook endpoint successfully (in sandbox) but I can't find these two options. What am I doing wrong?

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
Hi @tabitha-stapely,

So far I have successfully connected GoCardless with Pabby using a webhook endpoint in the GoCardless sandbox.

WORKFLOW 1

One of my donors signs up (*Q1) for any plan on GoCardless.
  • Customer is subscribed to my Mailerlite subscriber list and added to Mailerlite Group "Members"
  • If they are an existing Mailerlite subscriber, their record should be updated to be added to Group "Member".
  • If they were in Group "Former Member" they should be removed from Group "Former Member"
The use case you are describing seems possible. You will need to add a Router to your workflow. Please establish a connection with your MailerLite account, and we will try to help you with the routes.

Follow the steps given in the video below to establish a connection with your MailerLite account.

WORKFLOW 2 (***Q3)

Customer cancels (**Q2**) all their GoCardless subscriptions.
  • Customer is moved from Mailerlite Group "Member" to Group "Former Member"
You will need to get in touch with the GoCardless support team to understand if they have a webhook event that triggers on the cancellation of all subscriptions for a particular user. Only then can we assess the possibility of this use case. This doesn't appear to be possible at the moment.

QUESTIONS

*Q1. What is the correct trigger for a customer 'signing up'? Is it: payments > payed_out? or payments > confirmed? or subcription > confirmed? or mandates > mandate_created? To consider is that some customers have more than one subscription/mandate. Also, some payments fail because of low funds but then succeed when retried.
**Q2 . (?**) What is the correct trigger for 'cancelling'? subscription > cancelled? What if they have cancelled one subscription but still have another?
You would have to contact GoCardless's support team for a better understanding of this concern, as they are better equipped to handle this query. We don't have much information regarding this.

***Q3. Do I need to create two separate workflows, one for when a customer signs up and another for when a customer cancels?
Yes, you would have to create two separate workflows.

Q4. How do I apply this workflow to existing customers? Or will it do that automatically?
Only new customers signing up will trigger 'Workflow 1'; it won't trigger for existing customers. It's not possible to add existing customers to the MailerLite subscriber list through automation.

Q5. I have 350 existing GoCardless customers but more subscriptions as some customers are on more than on plan. How do I make sure that when a customer cancels one of their subscriptions, but not another, they aren't moved into Mailerlite Group "Former Member". ?
You can add a Filter as step 2 of your workflow and set the conditions such that the next steps of your workflow are executed only when the customer cancels a particular subscription.

Q6. A Pabbly agent sent me screenshots of what the Flow should look like. In the Pabbly Router it shows a Flow called "recurring payment" and "cancelled payment". I have connected Gardless with a webhook endpoint successfully (in sandbox) but I can't find these two options. What am I doing wrong?
Could you please elaborate a bit more on this?