• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Issues with Stripe workflow

inochi

Your Task History ID
IjU3NjUwNTZkMDYzNTA0M2M1MjZlNTUzZDUxMzci_pc
Hi,
I am having problems with this workflow and I kindly need some info:

1. When I use Stripe and activate a specific trigger, is Pabbly not able to detect events that have already passed? Zapier used to.. as it is difficult to repeat new events if they are about customers and payments.

2. Regarding the "customer.subscription.deleted" event, I noticed that the data about the email of the customer who cancelled the subscription is not provided. How do I resolve this?

Thanks in advance.

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
1. When I use Stripe and activate a specific trigger, is Pabbly not able to detect events that have already passed? Zapier used to.. as it is difficult to repeat new events if they are about customers and payments.
I am assuming that by 'detect events that have already passed', you mean the data that you have collected from a previously captured response. For this, I would suggest you use Webhook by Pabbly as your trigger, which will give you a list of captured responses that you can then use to set up your workflow. For additional information, please refer to the attached thread.

2. Regarding the "customer.subscription.deleted" event, I noticed that the data about the email of the customer who cancelled the subscription is not provided. How do I resolve this?
You can retrieve the email address using the Stripe: Retrieve a Customer by ID action event.
1686085490528.png

inochi

For the first point, the problem remains. Even if I use Pabbly's Webhook I still have to trigger the webhook with a new action and instead it doesn't find me subscriptions already deleted by clients on Stripe (which I would need and use with Zapier).

I don't know if I'm making myself clear.

Basically I have to either have that action repeated artificially or wait for someone to cancel the plan so I can see the first data.

So Pabbly can't retrieve the data from the last deleted subscription from Stripe without me necessarily having to wait for a new trigger. Right?

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
So Pabbly can't retrieve the data from the last deleted subscription from Stripe without me necessarily having to wait for a new trigger. Right?
Exactly, we can only retrieve the data that you captured during the setup of your trigger or from the history of your workflow. You cannot use data of Cancelled Subscriptions from the last deleted subscription from Stripe if it's not already in Pabbly.