• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

google sheet trigger not showing up

Your Task History ID
IjU3NjUwNTY5MDYzNzA0MzQ1MjY0NTUzYzUxMzQi_pc
I have set the trigger column 'G' of google sheet.
For the column G, I set a formula for days counter, so it supposed should have trigger everyday.
The action is send the message to Slack if column G updated, but I can't see the message in Slack today.
When I manually update the column G, it works.
What is the matter?

Arshita

Staff member
Hey @lelehelloworld

You can use "Send On Event" when setting up Google Sheets if the data is coming from a Google application or if you manually enter it.

If the data is coming from a third-party application, however, you may need to choose "Auto Send On Schedule" and "Send on Event," which will forward the data in exactly one hour.

Additionally, make sure the data is filled up to your trigger column.

1702270495166.png

Hey @lelehelloworld

You can use "Send On Event" when setting up Google Sheets if the data is coming from a Google application or if you manually enter it.

If the data is coming from a third-party application, however, you may need to choose "Auto Send On Schedule" and "Send on Event," which will forward the data in exactly one hour.

Additionally, make sure the data is filled up to your trigger column.

View attachment 35164
I have clicked 'send on event'.
For my matter, am I supposed to also use 'Auto send on Schedule'?

Arshita

Staff member
Yes, you are correct.

You need to choose "Auto Send On Schedule" and "Send on Event," which will forward the data in exactly one hour.

Yes, you are correct.

You need to choose "Auto Send On Schedule" and "Send on Event," which will forward the data in exactly one hour.
I have clicked both and I checked today. It still not sending the message to Slack.
Is the matter caused by the formula triggering and my machine is closed?
The formula is a day counter that I expect the update column is the day counter column.

Last edited:

Arshita

Staff member
Could you kindly confirm whether you are using the formula in the trigger column of the Google Sheet?

Please provide additional details or clarification to help better understand and assist you effectively.

Could you kindly confirm whether you are using the formula in the trigger column of the Google Sheet?

Please provide additional details or clarification to help better understand and assist you effectively.
I set the formula in the whole column G with data.

Attachments

• 螢幕擷取畫面 2023-12-13 105002.png
    螢幕擷取畫面 2023-12-13 105002.png
    14 KB · Views: 41
  • 螢幕擷取畫面 2023-12-13 105008.png
    螢幕擷取畫面 2023-12-13 105008.png
    5.4 KB · Views: 39

Arshita

Staff member
I sincerely apologize. If you've configured the formula in the Google Sheets as your trigger column, I regret to inform you that the feasibility of initiating data retrieval from Google Sheets using a formula is beyond the scope of support we can provide.

I sincerely apologize. If you've configured the formula in the Google Sheets as your trigger column, I regret to inform you that the feasibility of initiating data retrieval from Google Sheets using a formula is beyond the scope of support we can provide.
So I can only use schedule for the workflow.
What should I insert in the message for action: slack.
I want it also send message to Slack if new row have been inserted.
But now, If I insert the specific row to message, it doesn't apply for new row if new row has been inserted in google sheet.
Is there any function can do for get column? I only can see get row.
1702452480825.png

Arshita

Staff member
I'd like to clarify that if you include the scheduler in the trigger step and use the "Google Sheet: Add New Row" action step, every time a new row is added to the Google Sheet, it will trigger and execute the subsequent Slack action step.

Additionally, you mentioned your desire to update based on a column. Unfortunately, it's not feasible to update specifically using a column; the update is possible only based on the row.