In this tutorial, we will see how can you set up Google sheets trigger "New or Updated Spreadsheet Row" in Google Sheet so that you can capture data every minute.
Please note: We also offer a Pabbly Connect Webhooks addon for Google Sheets.
The current limitations of the Google Sheets trigger addon are as follows:
- If a new row is added inside Google Sheets from any external platform, it is used to trigger every 1 hour.
- If there are any formula-based columns that are set as trigger columns. It does not trigger and send the row.
To make the system function, the script shared in Step 3 has to be saved as an Apps Script project within the spreadsheet where the Google Sheets data resides. There is no communication between this script and the Pabbly Connect Webhooks add-on or any other add-on. Hence it won't interfere with any installed add-on. Also, note the script will work on any single Sheet of your Spreadsheet.
Below is the detailed process on how to set this trigger using Apps Script:
- Open the spreadsheet from where you wish to send data. Make sure your sheet has a header column and at least a row of data in it.
- Open the Apps Script editor through the Sheets menu: Extensions > Apps Script.
- Remove any existing Apps Script codes (visible in Code.gs) file. Paste the entire App Script code from the link below. Save the project and close the Apps Script page. You can rename the project if you like or you can ignore the name.
Click the link to access the app scripts code. https://forum.pabbly.com/threads/google-sheets-1-minute-trigger.12927/ .
- Reload the spreadsheet. A new menu shall appear.
- Find the Sheets menu 'Pabbly Webhooks'. Click 'Pabbly Webhooks' > 'Send rows every minute'.
- Authorize this script when prompted.
- Once the authorization is complete, again navigate to 'Pabbly Webhooks' > 'Send rows every minute'.
- To set up the Pabbly Connect webhook, a dialog box will appear where you need to fill out an input field with the webhook URL. After filling in the URL, select "Yes" to confirm. Alternatively, you can add the webhook URL and the column name (trigger column) separated by a comma too.
It is important to note that if you only add the webhook URL, the trigger column will be set as the last column in the entire data range of the sheet. This means that any row data will trigger when it is filled up to the last column.
For example, if data is filled up to Column C in any particular row, and that is the last column of the sheet that has data in it, other rows will trigger when the data is filled in the rows till the C column.
- Now start capturing the data by the Pabbly Connect Trigger.
The data will be captured in a few seconds. As soon as the 1-minute trigger executes. Further, any new record in the Google Sheets will trigger and send the new row data to the Pabbly Connect trigger.
The trigger process is completed here.
- Once the data is captured. You can send the data captured in Google Sheets Trigger to any place you want. For example, you can Add a new action to save the data captured by the webhook in your CRM system or any other place that you want.
Note: The action used here is just for reference, you can apply any other action that you need.
Last edited by a moderator: